Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kraftfarh NCO's visor cap or transmission

Hi everybody,
    I' d like to buy this private purchase visor cap (NO mothes - size 53).
    Can you help me in valuing such a cap.
    Coud it be something else than kraftfarh troops?
    Due to the shape, the silvered insignias, I presume it's a pre war cap
    Comments are also welcome.
    Many thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It is a nice example of a copper brown piped EM hat for Aufklaerungstruppen. It would not be a low priced hat and looks to be made of nice material. This color was not in existence pre-war.

Comment

Wow! Rare and lovely

Comment

Very nice armoured recon. Very desirable. J

Comment

I would not have this cap in my collection. I'm sorry!

Comment

Other comments are welcome.
                  I can make better photos if needed

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    It is a nice example of a copper brown piped EM hat for Aufklaerungstruppen. It would not be a low priced hat and looks to be made of nice material. This color was not in existence pre-war.
                    It is always hard to judge the exact shade of brown based solely on computer images. Sometimes you have to hold the hat in hand to be sure.

As I understand it, pre-war WH signals wore brown piping for a period of time. Also Bau (Construction) troops wore brown. The Bau was a lighter shade of brown than the signals. After Recon troops dropped the Copper-brown Waffenfarbe by 1943, the Bau troops often wore the Copper-brown in the period 1944 to 1945 as manufacturers used up left-over stocks of material, shoulder straps and headgear.

However having written the above, I have no issues with this hat being a put-together Frankenstein if that is what the hat experts declare it to be in this thread or the other thread http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1036578. There is a good profit to be made by constructing a believable brown piped visor hat post-war,

Chris
                    Last edited by 90th Light; 03-07-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'd be glad to get some more ''experts'' comments, please

Comment

I am not an expert nor an apprentice in this science which is exact and at the same time not exact.

Having clarified this, I think that the same evaluation system could be applied to this visor as to the officer’s one that you simultaneously posted with another thread . This does not appear to have had any repairs indeed. Are they both from the same source? I think that to evaluate the originality of the waffenfarbe you have to "wring it out" a little and see if the coloring is uniform even in the covered areas and not visible in the images you posted.

This is the dedicated thread:

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...che+wertarbeit

As you can see it is a real minefield ...

I believe that your visor is the one illustrated as no. 83 of the thread that I have proposed to you and therefore it has been hanging around for about seven years. This is not in itself a negative sign, but it must induce you to deepen the origin of both caps, considering their rarity, if original, and above all their price which, I already imagine it, must certainly not be low.

Best regards

Comment

Exactly the same cap!
                              Stonemint can perhaps tell more about it.
                              The officer and NCO Kraftfahr caps belong to a friend of mine.
                              He had bought these caps since about 5 years

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X