Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRUSHER CAP, original?

Hi
    please what do you think about this cap. Is it correct and original?

many thanks

Is sell by ratisbon's
    Carlo

Comment

Original cap no problem .
      The visor seems to have been partially uncorrectly restitched ?
      Nick

Comment

Frankly, this cap amazes me. Externally many seams exposed and I can't see if there are holes for the buttons of the chincords; internally the buckram capboard and the cheesecloth are in place but the peak is really unusual and it seems to me that the lining has a wrinkle, like a previous seam. Most important of all, the crucial images of the front interior with the reversed sweatband are missing, in order to verify whether the badges are coeval (as I believe in the absence of proof to the contrary) or applied subsequently and evaluate the (partially undone) stitching of the peak.

Best regards

Comment

complimenti solo ti daremo il primo premio...

Comment

Many thanks GAMS1 and enorepap for your opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
              Frankly, this cap amazes me. Externally many seams exposed and I can't see if there are holes for the buttons of the chincords; internally the buckram capboard and the cheesecloth are in place but the peak is really unusual and it seems to me that the lining has a wrinkle, like a previous seam. Most important of all, the crucial images of the front interior with the reversed sweatband are missing, in order to verify whether the badges are coeval (as I believe in the absence of proof to the contrary) or applied subsequently and evaluate the (partially undone) stitching of the peak.

Best regards
              Hi enorepap
              did you mean an image like this?

Comment

Yes.

No holes of previous badges and an acceptable stitching of the peak.

Thi is a good sign.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
                  Original cap no problem .
                  The visor seems to have been partially uncorrectly restitched ?
                  Nick

I agree. But this is why it can be so hard to judge originality just from internet pictures alone. Every component on this cap looks 100% original to my eyes, yet it still looks very wonky from these photos. Even the strange crease in the lining looks suspicious, but with a simple hands-on inspection would probably be dismissed immediately as nothing at all other than poor storage over the years.

And I've had dozens of untouched caps with re-stitched holes as on this visor.
                  I once saw some wartime newsreel footage of a German mutzen-macher frau stitching the sweatband on a visor with a sewing machine, and she went around it so fast that it was truly astounding! I'm sure mistakes were quite common.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtB View Post
                    And I've had dozens of untouched caps with re-stitched holes as on this visor.I once saw some wartime newsreel footage of a German mutzen-macher frau stitching the sweatband on a visor with a sewing machine, and she went around it so fast that it was truly astounding! I'm sure mistakes were quite common.
                    Absolutely and totally correct.

Look at the stitching of this cap, it's not that accurate but it's genuine.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X