Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer M43 cap for review

Hello everyone,

Is this Pz M43 cap original? I have good feeling with it at first glance, then what is your thoughts? Any of your comments would be much appreciated.

Best regards, Yun
    Attached Files

Nice cap !
    Nick

Comment

From what I can tell from the pictures it looks like it has a very good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by richthofen_117 View Post
        ...Any of your comments would be much appreciated.

Best regards, Yun
        I think the years spent collecting has made me too cynical; I do not care for it.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Some things I like and there are some things that I don't like...That would be enough for me to pass on it.

Glenn
          "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

50/50 on this one I like the way the insignia is sewn on and details on it suggest its been seen quite a few years ago. Liner looks good and the markings but there are some other odd ball features that I don't like. If I was to put money down on a panzer m-43 cap this one would not be the one.
            Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
            teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I can't quite put my finger on it but it doesn't strike me as a "one looker".

Comment

If I saw the identical rbn stamp style I might be persuaded..Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                  If I saw the identical rbn stamp style I might be persuaded..Billbert
                  So you mean the RbNr stamp is unreliable?

Comment

Thanks Gents for your opinions, but can you point out the red flags on this cap? RbNr stamp or any other issues?

Comment

I would just like to see the same fonts in another period cap ..Billbert

Comment

I will note three details IMO that don't look correct. The bulky blanket thickness of the material gives the cap a strange puffy shape. The black tape sticking out excessively behind the back of the scallop. The obvious excessive wear to the lower edge of the gray loops. There are more.

Comment

There are some oddity's as members have mentioned, also that side shot-photo reminds me of a gebirgsjäger bergmutze (short/smaller bill) not something
                          you would see on a panzer m43 cap, just some of the things mentioned would make me pass, parts of the cap look good and other parts look off.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                            I think the years spent collecting has made me too cynical; I do not care for it.

B. N. Singer
                            I'm with Mr. Singer on this one. I do not care for it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X