NSBO Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSBO Buckle

This buckle came from a US veteran’s family along with many other items. My question is why is there such a wide variety of patterns with NSBO buckles? Didn’t it only exist for a few years before being absorbed by the DAF?

Just curious, thanks for any opinions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were no regulations in place from 1933-1934 telling manufacturers how NSBO buckles should be produced until 1935; hence the many variations.

Comment

Originally posted by KC1 View Post
      There were no regulations in place from 1933-1934 telling manufacturers how NSBO buckles should be produced until 1935; hence the many variations.
      Ok makes sense. Thanks Dan!

Comment

Your buckle is my favorite pattern. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It never came to an official, sanctioned NSBO pattern. That is the reason for so many varieties. Every manufacturer hoped his pattern would become the official one.
          In November 1934 it was said in the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM: the final form was not decided yet by Ley. The NSBO was lead by NSDAP political leaders. For them a
          double-claw (Koppelschnalle) was to be worn anyway since May, 1934 and surely since late 1934. Buckles were not worn anymore.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
          X