Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pattern Luftwaffe

Hello guys
    I’am about to get this buckle , but before , I would like to know if this kind
    Of buckle is originally delivered with a leather tab or we can find it originally without his tab.
    Thanks for helping :-)

Interesting place for the catch attached. Aurich have a different catch attached at this spot on their steel buckles. I have one with a straight catch welded to a aluminum first pattern. Very few aluminum buckles have a welded catch. DSC00059.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
      Interesting place for the catch attached. Aurich have a different catch attached at this spot on their steel buckles. I have one with a straight catch welded to a aluminum first pattern. Very few aluminum buckles have a welded catch. [ATTACH]4386877[/ATTACH]

Is it normal to find it without a leather tab ? Or always produced with tabs ?

Comment

First pattern Luftwaffe

I am not sure about tabs. The 4 tab private purchase buckles never had tabs. The buckle I posted comes in DAF, RAD and others and I have never seen one with a tab. The crank catch I have seen them with and without tabs. The flat backs I have never seen with a tab. I will have to search around and see if I can find a buckle like yours with a tab.

Comment

[QUOTE=klr;8477816]I am not sure about tabs. The 4 tab private purchase buckles never had tabs. The buckle I posted comes in DAF, RAD and others and I have never seen one with a tab. The crank catch I have seen them with and without tabs. The flat backs I have never seen with a tab. I will have to search around and see if I can find a buckle like yours with a tab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE

Comment

The soldered catch and the roll sleeve design indicate a private purchase/ parade buckle. For my opinion, a tongue does not belong to the buckle.
            BTW, a nice and quite rare variant. I would go for it, if it is affordable.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X