Help with buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with buckle

A guy in the area is wanting to sell an enfield pistol that his dad brought home from the war and it is attached to this belt and buckle. Is this an early SA buckle? I think the belt is original, too, but the bullet holders are riveted on to the belt. I wondered what the value of this buckle is worth. Are they rare or common? I figured around $100 value on the buckle, but just don't really have an idea. Any help would be appreciated. These are pictures he sent to my phone, so sorry for quality. He also said it looked like faint numbers were on the inside lip of the buckle.
    Dave
    Attached Files

The buckle is very common. It is in the $75-85. RZM Markings, rarer pattern eagle, a nickel roundel, a different type swastika and other things bring more value. With the belt and holster your fine giving him $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thank you for the reply. So, is it an early army buckle or what? I was figuring $100 for the buckle, not including the gun. I'm not sure I want the gun, pretty rough.

Comment

No, it's an SA buckle

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
          The buckle is very common. ...
          Yes, the buckle design is very common, but the buckle itself absolutely not.
          Please note the different way they built the 2-claw construction. It is not the common U shaped claw wich was fixed seperately to the shroud. In this case they used two 90° bent Pins covered just by the shroud. I have no idea wich way this construction was assembled into the buckle box.

Comment

Good catch Guido. I didn’t notice the interesting prong bar. Does anyone else have a buckle with this type prong bar.

Comment

Thanks, Kirby. I know another buckle with this construction. This is a two-piece FAD buckle "Eagle and Book".

Comment

I remenber a SA buckle of Markus (yellow 12) collection with similar post prongs assembly

Comment

Maybe Marcus will post his buckle. I check may buckles a nothing like this prong bar.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X