Heer Parade belt and buckle for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Parade belt and buckle for review

Hi, grateful for any opinions on this Army Parade belt and buckle. The seller describes the buckle as 'light alloy', not zinc. Assuming it would be Aluminium based?

Does anyone recognise the buckle maker?

Regards, Paul
    Attached Files

Nice looking set. The belt is interesting because it looks like it has a black backing. I picked up a nickel SS buckle on a black belt with black backing. I speculated the black backing might be SS or Panzer related. Yours is the first brown belt I remember seeing with a black backing. Look black or it it dark green?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
      Nice looking set. The belt is interesting because it looks like it has a black backing. I picked up a nickel SS buckle on a black belt with black backing. I speculated the black backing might be SS or Panzer related. Yours is the first brown belt I remember seeing with a black backing. Look black or it it dark green?

Hi klr, many thanks for taking a look, and glad you like it!

I don't have it in hand yet, hopefully in a few days time. When it arrives I'll take a closer look in daylight and let you know.

Best regards, Paul

Comment

Hi klr, the belt arrived today and looking at it in daylight the interior is definitely a dark brown (not black or dark green) lining of a felt-like material. The only markings are a large "E" (maker?), and 95 for the size in cm.

No markings on the Parade buckle which I think is quite typical?

I realise that Luftwaffe belts were officially brown until 1940, did the Heer use brown too early on?

I wonder if it might be a Luftwaffe (Parade) belt leather, or perhaps something done 'outside of regulations'?

Best regards, Paul

Comment

Dark brown lining is interesting. I don’t know why it would be Heer or Luftwaffe. Could have been RAD then the guy used the same belt when he joined the army. I have bought lots of sets that didn’t match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dark brown lining is interesting. I don’t know why it would be Heer or Luftwaffe. Could have been RAD then the guy used the same belt when he joined the army. I have bought lots of sets that didn’t match up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good point! Either way I love the quality.

Just an FYI, picked this up from the UK Militaria dealer Malcolm Wagner, excellent service all round.

Best regards, Paul

Comment

Wouldn't the dress Army belt be black instead of brown?

Gary B
              ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
                Wouldn't the dress Army belt be black instead of brown?

Gary B
                Hi Gary, yes that was my thoughts too, but klr may have a point ref a re-used belt. Could be a mis-match but after all these years we can never know. Either way, I have a Luftwaffe dress belt and buckle with a black belt (OK for Luftwaffe from 1940), I could easily swap them over!

Also, it is for this tunic:-

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1003300

and "Der Spiess" could get away with more than most.

Best regards, Paul
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice tunic!

Yes, what solider in their right mind would tell a Der Spiess anything!

Gary B
                  ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Hi, just an update.

Thanks to another kind collector it has been pointed out to me that the buckle was made by "OLC" (Overhoff & Cie of Ludenscheid). There is a maker's mark, but it is not obvious.

I have added some pictures, hopefully the "oLc" can be seen in the diamond!

I've also added another picture of the front, but more square on.

Regards, Paul
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Paul, it was me on Gott Mittens that pointed that out !! G

Comment

Originally posted by Verde View Post
                        Paul, it was me on Gott Mittens that pointed that out !! G
                        Aha! Thank-you Verde!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X