em/nco buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

em/nco buckle

My collection of T.R. items is just starting. I dont really have any direction of where I want my collection to go. Right now it is anything that catches my eye. I picked this up from a antique shop, where this particular dealer had a good number of T.R militaria. I know nothing about belt buckles. I paid $70. Did I get burned?

Last edited by E_Minor; 02-15-2019, 11:30 PM.

two more

Comment

I have looked at the pinned thread about fakes, and have done some online checking on sites like The collectors guild. I feel 60% sure I made a good purchase. I see one or two things on mine that make me question. #1 are the talons, #2 is the head looks kind of small.

Comment

Originally posted by E_Minor View Post
        I have looked at the pinned thread about fakes, and have done some online checking on sites like The collectors guild. I feel 60% sure I made a good purchase. I see one or two things on mine that make me question. #1 are the talons, #2 is the head looks kind of small.
        Hello,

you did well and I'm happy this Forum helped your home work.

Good hunting

Ric

Comment

The buckle is a original late war Heer. Lots of dealers like to call these blue black finished buckles Kriegsmarine. The reality is they started painting them this color later in the war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Ferrari View Post
            Hello,

you did well and I'm happy this Forum helped your home work.

Good hunting

Ric
            Thanks. I was hoping I made a good purchase

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
              The buckle is a original late war Heer. Lots of dealers like to call these blue black finished buckles Kriegsmarine. The reality is they started painting them this color later in the war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Since mine is unmarked, is there any way to tell who made it? I know different makers each have their subtle differences.

Comment

Originally posted by E_Minor View Post
                Since mine is unmarked, is there any way to tell who made it? I know different makers each have their subtle differences.
                Adler style leads to two makers : Motz & Co. in Brandenburg and Maedicke in Berlin

Ric

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Ferrari View Post
                  Adler style leads to two makers : Motz & Co. in Brandenburg and Maedicke in Berlin

Ric
                  Thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X