New addition to my collection - SS officer buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to my collection - SS officer buckle

Picked up my first SS officers buckle. What a find! Dealear I got it from said it walked in the door in a box of "stuff". Got to love it.

It is a Fake

Comment

I hope you can return it.

Steve

Comment

Oh no! What's the give away? Actually I can take it back. The dealer is a great guy that I've dealt with many times before.

Comment

search for a good one here on the forums and then compare.

Comment

If I am looking at a item I don’t know about I will research the item on my phone. A search of the buckle forum for SS Officers 36/40 would have show you treads with fakes and originals. You could do a side by side and this one would look like the fakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

These fakes have been around for many years now. They are die struck like the originals but from bogus dies. Every detail on the entire buckle is at least somewhat different from the originals, but for me, those large, jagged oak leaves around the wreath are one of the most noticeable differences.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
                These fakes have been around for many years now. They are die struck like the originals but from bogus dies. Every detail on the entire buckle is at least somewhat different from the originals, but for me, those large, jagged oak leaves around the wreath are one of the most noticeable differences.

Hope this helps!

Chris
                Thank you all. I am picking up on details now. I can see that there is age with this as there is corrosion on the rear. Not examined one up close before is an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by FactionR View Post
                  Picked up my first SS officers buckle. What a find! Dealear I got it from said it walked in the door in a box of "stuff". Got to love it
                  Me too. Went to my mailbox and it was full of "stuff". Was it checks and Money orders? No bills...

Buy the story from persons you love or respect, buy facts from the others.
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                  All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X