Tropical belt for opinions !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by klr View Post
    There is a bunch of different shades of web belts. This is a friends collection. He has a larger assortment than I have.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks for posting those images

Looks like my post number 11 is not unrealistic at all. I do not have that many different hues of "olive/ brown/ tan/ sand" web tropical belts.

Excellent line up and very useful.

Note the WH buckle (middle buckle) with "RAL 7028" tan paint and brown/ tan web tab in the lower image. In my opinion/ experience this could be a KM tropical buckle,

Chris

Comment

Good thread, thanks Chris & Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
        The tan tropical belt you show Lionel is very interesting,

I collect the different colours and styles of German WW2 tropical belts. The one you show I have not seen before with the leather sewn (to stop fraying) near the catch.

Given the type of web reinforcement on the round end and the leather at the catch end. There is every chance that belt was manufactured from mid to late 1941 or early 1942.

As far as buying a matching tropical belt with a web tab on the buckle for Euro 300. In my experience, it is getting harder to find the green examples for that price. Euro 300 is a fair upper price for the one you have shown here. Certain green or blue examples have been sold recently for a lot more than Euro 300.

The examples with the leather adjustment hole strap for the buckle are not as sought after as the all-web examples,

Chris
        Many Thanks Chris for this opinion which is very useful to me. I have decided to buy it, for one reason : In the place I am living (Lorraine, eastern France), we had two divisions coming straight from Italy (3 and 15.Pz.Gren.Div.), wearing in sept.44 a large part of "tropical" Equipment. As I found few good militaria in the recent weeks, well, paying a "fair upper price" for this Item is OK for me. Many thanks, really !

Comment

Here is another one which was proposed to me approx 8 Months ago.... I didn't bought it, fully unissued, and didn't matched with those I was sure about.... Perhaps it was a mistake..... your opinions Guys are really appreciated. Many thanks for those who shared Pics from their collections : just IMPRESSIVE !!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

More Pics
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel H. View Post
              Many Thanks Chris for this opinion which is very useful to me. I have decided to buy it, for one reason : In the place I am living (Lorraine, eastern France), we had two divisions coming straight from Italy (3 and 15.Pz.Gren.Div.), wearing in sept.44 a large part of "tropical" Equipment. As I found few good militaria in the recent weeks, well, paying a "fair upper price" for this Item is OK for me. Many thanks, really !
              Thank you for the feedback Lionel,

I am pleased my post was helpful. I really like the belt that you bought. The colour of the web is nice. Plus I have picked up a couple of buckles by that maker with the 1941 dated leather here in New Zealand. They were picked up in Afrika or Italy by the New Zealand soldiers. Your theory of the 3 and 15.Pz.Gren.Div. arriving in France 1944 wearing such a belt is quite possible,

Chris
              Last edited by 90th Light; 11-17-2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel H. View Post
                Here is another one which was proposed to me approx 8 Months ago.... I didn't bought it, fully unissued, and didn't matched with those I was sure about.... Perhaps it was a mistake..... your opinions Guys are really appreciated. Many thanks for those who shared Pics from their collections : just IMPRESSIVE !!!!
                This RB number belt is original and very nice. The fact that one can clearly read the RB number is a value point. However IMO, it is not worth as much as the web belt you have bought. It was made later in the war and is a smaller size "85"

The belt that you did buy Lionel, looks to be a bigger size. The bigger the size the better because it can fit around a mannequin for those who like to display entire uniforms with equipment on.

If you only want one tropical olive/ sand/ tan web belt then you chose the right one,

Chris

Comment

Very nice belts and buckles
                  From my collection:

image.jpg

Comment

An impressive group photo. Love the white tabbed Luftwaffe. My tropical are scattered all over my collection. I like to display some of them with headgear. I will add a Luftwaffe pith helmet some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

, I love the blue tab buckle

Comment

Originally posted by ivanjoaquin View Post
                        Very nice belts and buckles
                        From my collection:

[ATTACH]4228773[/ATTACH]
                        Wow, you have some interesting examples there.

Any chance of close ups of the two KM tropical buckles with tan web tabs ?

And more pictures of the impressive LW web tropical buckles and belts ?

Excellent line up indeed,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X