Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overhoff & Cie
    RZM SS 35/36

As expected, the Overhoff firm had already received his RZM/SS contract to manufacture belt buckles for the SS as soon as 1935. Note reversed date and contract number.

Pictures are mine. Buckle was sold to Jean-Pierre G. (France)
    Attached Files
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Overhoff & Cie
      RZM SS 36/36

This is the very last SS buckle produced by the Overhoff firm in nickel silver. The following year, production of SS buckles will start to be made from aluminum.

Pictures and buckle belong to Ric, your Moderator.
      Attached Files
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

With your moderator's help I will update buckles which were sold since posted and also reorganize a bit the whole thread. Then I will start with the aluminum buckles. Stay tuned.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Thanks to your Moderator's help, this first part of my thread is now fully cleaned. All different SS buckles found to date are now listed, displayed and organised.
          Names of people owning those buckles are also now fully updated since many pieces of my old collection are now in new hands. Whatever remains in my hands is also noted.

Next week I should start to post some aluminum buckles which will start the second period.
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Aluminum Buckles (EM/NCO) 1937 to 1940:

Assmann & Söhne
            Rotated swastika (also called Prototype)

This is the most common of the two EM "Prototypes" made in aluminum since I already have recorded 6 of those. This example shown is the only one I know in such pristine condition.

Pictures were taken in 2009 by Marc Verstraete when the buckle was in his collection.
            Attached Files
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Assmann & Söhne
              RZM 155/39 SS Type 1

This is one of the two variants a collector can find. I named it "Type 1" since you will later see the second Type is more related to his sister made in 1940.

Pictures are mine by this buckle was sold to Chris M. (SScollector). In fact this was the very first buckle to have left my collection when I decided to sell it all at the end of 2018!
              Attached Files
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Assmann & Söhne
                RZM 155/39 SS Type 2

This is the second variant (Type 2) or this marking. Note main difference in built construction and especially difference in the number 9.

Also note that Type 2 buckles are always a bit larger in size than Type 1.

Pictures are mine but buckle was sold to Alessandro O. (Italy)
                Attached Files
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Assmann & Söhne
                  RZM 155/40 SS

This is the hardest to find among all standard SS EM markings. By 1940 only two makers were still providing SS EM buckles in aluminum: Overhoff (36) and Assmann (155) when R.Sieper did stop already by 1939.
                  When SS EM buckles made from aluminum by Overhoff in 1940 are by far numerous, the ones made by Assmann the same year are really seldom seen.

Pictures and buckle are mine. Buckle still available for another home
                  Attached Files
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

R.Sieper
                    Rotated swastika (also called Prototype)

As far as I know there is ONLY one example of such buckle.
                    Note differences with the Assmann prototype

Pictures and buckle (in 2009) @ Marc Verstraete.
                    Attached Files
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

R.Sieper
                      RZM 822/37 SS Type 1

The main difference between Type 1 (this one) and Type 2 is by the presence of no rope behind the eagle's head on Type 1 (this one) when one will be visible on the Type 2.

Pictures of this beautiful example as long as the buckle itself belong to advanced collector Dan D. (Member KC1 in this Forum)
                      Attached Files
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

R.Sieper
                        RZM 822/37 SS Type 2

The main difference between Type 2 (here) and Type 1 previously posted is by the presence of a visible rope behind the eagle's head on this Type 2 when none was visible on the previous Type 1.
                        Since future production of SS buckles by R.Sieper in 1938 then again in 1942 will all have a rope visible, this is the reason I named those buckles Type 2 when I named the previous variant Type 1

Pictures are mine but the buckle was sold to advanced collector Dan D. (USA)
                        Attached Files
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

R.Sieper
                          RZM 822/38 SS (Medium Numbers / Thin ring around SS - Type 1)

This is the first variant of three very distinct markings for this year (Types). After changing the order three times since I first named those almost 20 years ago, I finally ended to set them in this order.

Type one here was set as the first because this marking is closely related to the ones found on buckles made by Sieper in 1937.

Pictures are still mine but buckle was sold to Dan D. (USA)
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 02-01-2020, 05:46 AM.
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

R.Sieper
                              RZM 822/38 SS (Large Numbers - Type 2)
                              Pictures are still mine but buckle was sold to Dan D. (USA)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 02-01-2020, 09:25 AM.
                              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

R.Sieper
                                RZM 822/38 SS (Small Numbers / Thick ring around SS - Type 3)

This is the last variant of this marking. With my latest codification I named it Type 3.

Pictures are still mine but I sold this mint buckle to Jean-Pierre G. (France)
                                Attached Files
                                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X