curiosity about the Lw buckle with a WW1 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

curiosity about the Lw buckle with a WW1 box

I´m sure you all saw the very unique Lw buckle of Valhalla at the Estand, too.
    Just out of curiosity- are these last ditch constructions in the final war phase? The buckle is made in a very professional way of clipping the medaillon on a WW1 buckle box (?), I believe. Are there more such examples or is this the grey area in the fog of war, simply leaving a maybe? Surely it is not a buckle matching regulations. the wearer must have stood out like a pink elephant when assembling.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...1&d=1539220733

to add a thought- as the box and the medaillon seem to be contemporary with the ususal wear and tear (each for itself). It wouldn´t make sense to fake such a piece that leaves a dubious construction with original pieces to sell.

Comment

What should one say?
      We have here two pieces wich do not belong together. The timeframe when they were put together is not to define. It is as simple as that.

PS: The brass box is post 1918 and you can recognize it on the way they fixed the prongs to the pin shroud. Pre 1918 pieces made from brass have soldered prongs.

Comment

Oh, thanks- of course- I oversaw the prong construction- I think you made the point- no one will ever know- I just wanted to find out if there are other examples and a period explanantion for someone having done this

Comment

Not likely to be late war either as the eagle is the early droop tail version. Could possibly be early war, before a design standard was established.

I was hoping someone would ask about it. Looking forward to more opinions.

Comment

Not one I would want in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Why discussing this buckle? A type like this was not made in the mid-1930's, nor during the war.
              It is obviously a "twist of the mind" from someone who would like to get some bucks. I cannot
              understand a buckle collector would buy this crap! It looks as to be put together by someone
              with no knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
                Why discussing this buckle? A type like this was not made in the mid-1930's, nor during the war.
                It is obviously a "twist of the mind" from someone who would like to get some bucks. I cannot
                understand a buckle collector would buy this crap! It looks as to be put together by someone
                with no knowledge.
                Ha-ha-ha, yes the big bucks which was 30 shipped at the end of the day
                I described it, as I do all of my items, to the best of my knowledge.
                One is always learning with this hobby/business and to those who discussed this nicely I thank you.
                I was not trying to rip anyone off or make 'big bucks'
                Eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X