Fake RZM Hamburg 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake RZM Hamburg 11

I just thought that it was worthy of mention that there appears at the moment, an awful lot of these obvious fakes (SS, RAD, Wehrmacht etc.) in circulation and all with this very strange catch.

The markings on the catch however, can be be different.

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:39 AM.

here is a list of the fakes of that kind, that i have found sofar. maybe someone has pictures of others?

http://www.das-koppelschloss.de/kopien-typen.htm

Comment

Sven,

That's a nice selection. It is really beyond belief, but these horrid things are still finding buyers, as an example just see
      http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...164814030&rd=1

On US ebay, even the skull fantasy piece regularly goes.

Regards,

Karl

Comment

Karl,

yes, you are right.
        now presenting Postschutz:
        http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

for almost 70 usd!!

regards

sven

Originally posted by Karl Ortmann
        Sven,

That's a nice selection. It is really beyond belief, but these horrid things are still finding buyers, as an example just see
        http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...164814030&rd=1

On US ebay, even the skull fantasy piece regularly goes.

Regards,

Karl

Comment

These fakes have been on the market for over two years. They keep adding new ones. The Postal buckle is the most recent-I think. It is absolutely amazing that anyone who decides to collect buckles(or for that matter anything with a high collecting interest) could not first buy the books, read the comments on the forum, go to shows and learn what is being faked and talk to fellow collectors. Sure there are some very, very good copies out there and we all have at one time or another ended up with a bad buckle. But to get stuck, or even have to ask if some of the current buckles are in fact real or not is amazing. The best fakes ever were the cast aluminmum SS and the Officers SS buckles that appeared nearly simultaneously around 1997. I got fooled on both. On the EM buckle no one ever believed the fakers could duplicate this method of production. I remember seeing the first EM buckle in a military shop in Prague. I bought it for $75.00 US. I was estatic. Went back the next day and there was another one and I thought ?? I bought it as well for $65.00. Never dreamed they were fake. These buckles played havoc with the collectors and dealers for years and to some extent still do. the first Officers showed up on ebay about a year later. This was a $1200 buckle at that time and I got it for $500.00. What a steal. Two days later two more showed up on ebay w/tags for the same price. Coincidence? I kept trying to convince myself of this.Anyway, enough. The fakes are out there but no one collecting today should be fooled by these recent really bad copies. Maybe still by an ORG TODT, but thats another story.

Bill

Comment

These fakes have been on the market for over two years. They keep adding new ones. The Postal buckle is the most recent-I think. It is absolutely amazing that anyone who decides to collect buckles(or for that matter anything with a high collecting interest) could not first buy the books, read the comments on the forum, go to shows and learn what is being faked and talk to fellow collectors. Sure there are some very, very good copies out there and we all have at one time or another ended up with a bad buckle. But to get stuck, or even have to ask if some of the current buckles are in fact real or not is amazing. The best fakes ever were the cast aluminmum SS and the Officers SS buckles that appeared nearly simultaneously around 1997. I got fooled on both. On the EM buckle no one ever believed the fakers could duplicate this method of production. I remember seeing the first EM buckle in a military shop in Prague. I bought it for $75.00 US. I was estatic. Went back the next day and there was another one and I thought ?? I bought it as well for $65.00. Never dreamed they were fake. These buckles played havoc with the collectors and dealers for years and to some extent still do. the first Officers showed up on ebay about a year later. This was a $1200 buckle at that time and I got it for $500.00. What a steal. Two days later two more showed up on ebay w/tags for the same price. Coincidence? I kept trying to convince myself of this.I lost a ton of $$ when I ended up selling these for what they were. Anyway, enough. The fakes are out there but no one collecting today should be fooled by these recent really bad copies. Maybe still by an ORG TODT, but thats another story.

Bill

Comment

"" now presenting Postschutz:
              http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

for almost 70 usd!! ""

And this sale even can't be declared faking - it says "Looking old, dark patina . Sale as is."

Description like that actually screams "It's fake!!!" and who can't read this between the lines, deserves to pay hundreds for such a buckle!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X