Reichsbahn/Bahnschutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr

Deutsche Reichsbahn/Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (mit Flügelrad) - finally I see them! Thank you Thomas, great collection, rare buckles. Gruß Thomas

Comment

Thank You Thomas.
      Well John, it's just to let collectors know that at least the German uniform traditions were continued in East Germany. The buckles for all East German makers were made for a short time by Aurich in Dresden and after that only by G. Bremer in Markneukirchen (later the VEB Präwema). Almost all the other former buckle factories were in the Western part of Germany.
      I should add, that the damaged buckle with winged wheel "Deutsche Reichsbahn" was found in the ruins of the Osang factory in Dresden a few years ago together with other common buckles and prototypes.
      Best, Thomas

Comment

I did not know a buckle with Bahn-polizei-beamter existed. I know for persons like this, largely being Bahnhofspförtner (doormen), a breast shield was introduced with new regulations from May 9, 1924.
        The shield, which was phrased as Tätigkeitsabzeichen, was introduced while these persons did not wear a belt. Wearing a belt wihtin the Railway-organization (except Bahnschutz) was not a regular item.

The buckle with Deutsche Reichsbahngesellschaft and winged wheel was an item from the later 1920's and is included in a loose leaflet-page from the concern of FW. Asmann with article-number 19123;
        the buckle with the art-deco eagle, was with this page with 21249/45 and so a 1932 product.
        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 08-27-2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Hello Wim,
          the Bahnpolizeibeamer buckle was also the first one for me. So it was probably introduced 1924 together with the armshield which sometimes shows up at markets.
          Wheras the buckle with winged wheel and inscription "Deutsche Reichsbahn" instead of Reichsbahngesellschaft was probably a prototype produced by Osang which was not introduced. But Osang also produced the shields with "Reichsbahngesellschaft" because such loose shields were also found in the basement ruins of the factory a few years ago.
          Best, Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by planet View Post
            Hello Wim,
            the Bahnpolizeibeamer buckle was also the first one for me. So it was probably introduced 1924 together with the armshield which sometimes shows up at markets.
            Wheras the buckle with winged wheel and inscription "Deutsche Reichsbahn" instead of Reichsbahngesellschaft was probably a prototype produced by Osang which was not introduced. But Osang also produced the shields with "Reichsbahngesellschaft" because such loose shields were also found in the basement ruins of the factory a few years ago.
            Best, Thomas
            The Deutsche Reichsbahngesellschaft-buckle was not a prototype, otherwise it would not be offered at the leaflet from Assmann with an article-number, is my opinion!

Comment

Hello Wim,
              I did not mean the buckle with inscription "Deutsche Reichsbahngesellschaft" but the damaged one besides this buckle with inscription "Deutsche Reichsbahn" only (without Gesellschaft).
              Best, Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by planet View Post
                Hello Wim,
                I did not mean the buckle with inscription "Deutsche Reichsbahngesellschaft" but the damaged one besides this buckle with inscription "Deutsche Reichsbahn" only (without Gesellschaft).
                Best, Thomas

sorry, I overlooked this.

Comment

So this begs the question..How much would an "art deco" buckle cost/be worth in today's market? They are so seldom seen for sale it's difficult to know?

Comment

A very nice gold one from Angolia’s collection sold last February for $402 at eMedals. It was the day before the SOS and I forgot to bid. It had sold before for something over $600 but the bidder must have not paid so it was auctioned a second time. I would have paid the $402 but I dropped out the first time it ran.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

$402 seems rediculously low. I have not seen one of these buckles for sale in over ten years. They must be extremely rare and yet one will not bring the price of a rusty beat up junk SS buckle?

Comment

That is what happens at a auction. Someone got a good deal at $402. If I had remembered to bud the price would have been higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very nice Thomas - outstanding Reichsbahn buckles of the ages.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X