Luftwaffe Tropical Buckle 42 Dated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Tropical Buckle 42 Dated

I was lucky to pick up this buckle recently, It was a nice surprise to see it was dated under the roller bar

I believe its a Gustav Brehmer made example and it appears there is a lightly stamped GB on the side near the catch also
    Attached Files

Ric

Comment

nice, still looking for such an example....

Comment

I got lucky, to bad the main pieces of my collection it will go with are a few thousand miles away

Comment

Nice buckle John! I don't recall seeing an example from that maker in that color.

I guess it had a tab at some time to the prong assembly not having been painted. Normal for 1942. It is only the later undated (and with no tabs from the manufacturer) examples which have painted prong assemblies. IMO.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks Willi, I did wonder if it had a tab, I did find one GB buckle in an old thread without a tab also, but could be coincidence.

Took me a while to come across one, but patience pays off in the end

Comment

I also have one GB 41 or 42 dated without tab (as found). I noticed that GB tropical buckle is different that N&H, wich is more light green. GB buckle is almost yellow. Here is mine on display but I cannot show more as I'm not at home now.
              Greetings
              Attached Files

Comment

missed this, yes nice set up

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X