Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from the MAX and SS Fakes update

Hello All,
    During my stay to the MAX I was delighted to meet some members of this Association. So Thank you to all who came to see us !!

Buckle wise, I was myself very glad to find one very rare mint and unissued SS EM buckle with tag which was very weird in its combination. This buckle will be a future subject, so keep posted.

For fakes, be very carefull when you plan to purchase SS Officer's aluminum buckles marked 36/40 since those are right now the most convincing fakes available. I already warn people with photos and articles in my own SS Buckle Forum since over a year but saw the latest improvement this weekend. They are no longer cast using wrong aluminum content, but die stuck using correct one. There is still several "red flags" (what I wrote before still stands) but they are close to perfect and are selling around $500. So if you are not very sure about what you are doing, or to who you are buying from, just pass since $500 will leave marks in your wallet.

There was also a weird zinc SS Officer (pot metal) marked 36/42. I will not swear it was a fake, but I still am 99% confident it was. If I am right, nobody will be able to spot it from a photo. So more on this one later but watch out if too many at a time are showing for sale.
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Here is Marc and Jean Pierre at the MAX. Nice fellows and true buckle experts. The Forum banner is over their heads. I took one showing it but very little flash got up there and it is dark. Forgive the poor quality of the photo but I don't carry my professional digital camera on fun trips.

Best,
    John
    Attached Files
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

This photo shows that knowledge influences physical aspect: my own area of specialization been only in SS Buckles it is obvious I will never be able to reach Marc's physical stature since this man excels in any field !!
      So, you understood I am at right, Marc at left.

Very nice photo John, and Thank You for taking it !!
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X