Swastika Buckle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swastika Buckle....

Another of these has turned up, this one was found by a metal detectorist in California. As far as I know it's been established that these are definitely not "early SA buckles" "Hitler Youth buckles" or "US 45th Infantry" buckles, even though people are still trying to sell them online as such for a couple hundred dollars or more....

Has anyone ever figured out who made these and when? I don't recall ever seeing one that has been found outside the US?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ASTIKA%201.jpg

Naive Americans also used swastika

Comment

Swastika Buckle...

I have seen this type of belt buckle for sale several times, and it is always described as an early Nazi Sympathizer/Supporter buckle. I do not recall any other details, such as to maker, etc.

Comment

On the Guild ,(early NSDAP buckle)
        Attached Files

Comment

If that's true, I would expect to find one in a period photo, which I haven't seen.... The guild site has a Canadian web address, and one of these turning up in Canada is not surprising if they were made in the US.... If there were enough of these made in Germany that people are finding them with metal detectors in California I would expect them to be far more common than the people who are asking a couple hundred dollars make them out to be, and I would expect to see a few more on sale sites, and I would definitely expect to see them on European sites

There is a somewhat similar buckle on the emedals site, but it is marked, has a German 2 prong attachment, and other than the shape has nothing in common with this one.

https://www.emedals.com/europe/an-ea...th-belt-buckle
          Last edited by Nola_Ken; 01-22-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I have one of these that is marked Ges Gesch. I also have a rarely seen silver one. Some of these are found on cloth belts. You may find a lot more of these in the US than in Europe simply because some GI liberated a bunch of them. . This our some of my small buckles and some swastika buckle from a friends collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Jokka View Post
              Naive Americans also used swastika

You meant "Native" Americans?

Comment

Yup

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X