Luft EM Buckle- Molded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luft EM Buckle- Molded?

Chad, Here are pics of my Luft EM buckle. Please take a look at it and tell me what you think- any additional info you, or anyone else, can give me would be appreciated!

John
    Last edited by johnrtse; 06-29-2006, 09:58 AM.

Back:

Comment

Last one.

Also, I have the steel "hook" for it too. This buckle came with an EXTREMELY crusty leather belt. As the leather was infested and very very moldy, this was all I could save

Thanks again,
      John

Comment

Nice buckle John, although its not the injection molded type, I find the "LBA" mark very interesting.

Thanks for posting,
        Michael

Comment

Hello all..the mark you see is actually AdBL...for Adolf Baumeister/Ludenscheid M4/59...
          Originally posted by MGN
          Nice buckle John, although its not the injection molded type, I find the "LBA" mark very interesting.

Thanks for posting,
          Michael
          Attached Files

Comment

John.....your buckle is a die struck 2nd pattern luftwaffe buckle...your buckle was created by stamping a blank piece of aluminum under very high pressure/force between two dies one was a male and one female, both having the same design....this is why you can see the image of the front of the buckle on the reverse.....I know that alot of people incorrectly use the term "molded " for the type of buckle you have...and that creates confusion like in this case...your buckle is a die struck aluminumm buckle ,....hope this helps...chad

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

Chad- You have been very helpful! Especially since I now know who the maker of my buckle is

John

Comment

John....although your catch appears to be the same as mine, that is where the similarity stops...the exact way your buckle was produced is....the "planchet" which is a buckle blank (flat piece of blank aluminum) , had a slot in it...before stamping the buckle, the bridge catch would be inserted in the slot and aluminum soldered/welded...the bridge catch would act as an anchor and hold it in place when put into a similar slot in the die..Then the buckle would be stamped which would create the design and shape the buckle in 1 shot (50 ton press) the solder/weld would be smashed into the buckle during the stamping process(which is why most people think it is molded, they cant see where the bridge catch used to be a seperate piece) vitually hiding any evidence that the catch was seperate at one time.....my buckle, the catch was formed by liquid metal injected into a hollow mold.....hope this helps....chad

Comment

Hey John....it is very faint, but I think I see the number 39 on the right hand side opposite the makers mark on the back of your buckle..tell me what you see...chad

Comment

Chad, There definately is the number 39 on the side opposite the maker mark. Also, the lower case "d" is clearly visible between the A & B inside the maker mark- the pics don't show it properly.

John

Comment

John..I thought I saw something that looked like a 3 , once I focused on that, I saw the 9..glad you confirmed that..thanks..chad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X