Opinion needed on JFS Kriegsmarine Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion needed on JFS Kriegsmarine Buckle

I have a nice grouping which is mostly Kriegsmarine, and am concerned about this buckle, as I don't know the differences between an original JFS buckle and a modern repro.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

no issues with that one

Comment

+1

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Thanks guys - not a single issue then with this grouping (which extends beyond what I showed in the first pic). There's usually at least one thing that bothers the collecting community, even if a vet brought it back.

Comment

The buckle is a original late war JFS. It isn't specifically a Kriegsmarine buckle. The Kriegsmarine might have used these buckles but most of them were used by the Army. Lots of dealers like to call these KM so they can inflate their prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
                The buckle is a original late war JFS. It isn't specifically a Kriegsmarine buckle. The Kriegsmarine might have used these buckles but most of them were used by the Army. Lots of dealers like to call these KM so they can inflate their prices.
                I agree

Comment

the buckle is a original late war jfs. It isn't specifically a kriegsmarine buckle. The kriegsmarine might have used these buckles but most of them were used by the army. Lots of dealers like to call these km so they can inflate their prices.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                  +1

Comment

However, interestingly when one comes across one of these later war blue-grey "JFS" buckles with the red-tan painted adjustment prongs. They always seem to be found in KM & Coastal Artillery ex-stores or veteran groupings. Several were found ex-shop stock in a recent find, still with their "RB" numbered belts. Every other item found with them was some sort on KM insignia, badge or KM M43 cap. That hoard and others obviously from a KM stores in 1945.

Every chance that this type is indeed a true late war KM buckle,

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
                      However, interestingly when one comes across one of these later war blue-grey "JFS" buckles with the red-tan painted adjustment prongs. They always seem to be found in KM & Coastal Artillery ex-stores or veteran groupings. Several were found ex-shop stock in a recent find, still with their "RB" numbered belts. Every other item found with them was some sort on KM insignia, badge or KM M43 cap. That hoard and others obviously from a KM stores in 1945.

Every chance that this type is indeed a true late war KM buckle,

Chris

There is always a chance it could be KM but nothing definitive can be substantiated from your theory.

It can only be truly documented as a late war Heer buckle as Kirby stated.

Comment

Originally posted by KC1 View Post
                        There is always a chance it could be KM but nothing definitive can be substantiated from your theory.

It can only be truly documented as a late war Heer buckle as Kirby stated.
                        One such KM hoard that surfaced recently. All the buckles on the belts were the "later war blue-grey "JFS" buckles with the red-tan painted adjustment prongs"

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=hoard

The KM stopped putting the "eagle-M" proof on belts & belt buckles in 1942.

Yes I agree, they also issued blue grey buckles to the WH later in the war. However, it is interesting that the blue-grey "JFS" buckles with the "red-tan painted adjustment prongs"(I stress the red-tan prongs) have turned up in more than one KM hoard. This is not the only KM hoard with these buckles found to date,

Chris

p.s. I have more photo of this hoard showing the back of the buckle if anyone needs them posted

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X