X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and there
    Attached Files
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

.. Then here
      Attached Files
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

..To continue there
        Attached Files
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

I will finish the UGLY part by stressing the obvious, even to someone not having a clue about SS buckles produced by Robert Dold or by the V chest fakes.
          Pay attention to the tag showing on the so-called original box, foundation to this article. Then pay attention to what a member replied in the Military Advisor thread:

"The question I have to the author of this new 'reference' is, did the tag came with the box full of buckles?
          I mean there are at least 3 errors on the tag, the city seems to be Offenberg (correct is Offenburg), the state Baden-Württemberg (not Württemburg) was founded in the 1950's. "

He was exact: the Province was founded in 1952.
          Attached Files
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

My last note would be on the VERY UGLY
            A mistake can be done. A mistake can be forgiven and also forgotten. But trying to hurt the collector's community when truth is known and obvious should not be.

http://www.adroystermilitaria.com/
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Please note that the VERY UGLY always hides himself. He hides the true rotten dealer within behind a noble crusader. A crusader does not have selling tables in Military Shows.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=857444
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

This was the latest attempt to duplicate an original RODO. For it, fakers were using a new die which was very convincing to duplicate Assmann SS buckles. Such fake die is still in use today to stamp fake 155/40's and fake 155/43's but not many fake RODO's.

Even if such fake buckle is not pictured in the Military Advisor article posted above (in the Military Advisor article there is only V chest fakes) I still feel it is interesting for the collector to be aware of its existence.
                Attached Files
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

sizes in Millimetres of an original (fakes are different as of today)
                    Attached Files
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

To finish, I would like to make you realize that the V chest fakes displayed all over this article were made with the exact same die / eagle design as the fake 36/42 posted here
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=331817

or the fake first generation Assmann 155/40 posted here (wrote in 2002!)
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=14097

How many markings those V chest can have? The list is too long! Suffice to say that even one series made in 2004 was produced bearing the already widely known false OLT from Tony Oliver!!
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Well thought out and written JP. Many thanks for enlightening those who may be unfamiliar.

Ric - I believe this information is important enough for current and future collectors that this should be a pinned thread. Do you agree?

Comment

Concrete and exaustive thread. Well done Jean Pierre.

Comment

http://www.wwiidaggers.com/38480.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ivanjoaquin View Post

Comment

Thanks to Ivanjoacquin who is screening dealers websites I contacted Wittman this morning. The submitted buckle is going to disappear. Also, he asked me to let him know which other ones were bad, which I will do. Of course I will not be able to help for non SS buckles. But it is good to see the very ugly is far from be the most trusted in this world!
                                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X