BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with Military Advisor Magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on with Military Advisor Magazine?

A fellow member of this forum sent me scans of the Winter 2015/2016 issue of The Military Advisor. This issue had an article written by Frank Thayer which was (supposedly) dealing with RODO SS buckles. OMG!! Was that magazine considered as a reliable source of information? Certainly that article is still is for someone looking to collect fakes. I had an hard time to do not believe this was not a faker's commercial!
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Nobody replied to this post (me included) and I'm sorry since I missed it, but when JP will be able to post better photos you will realize what he's referring to.

To stimulate your curiosity the article tell about a full box of SS RODO buckles recently discovered and the author offer to community such "reliable" source.

Ric
    Last edited by Ric Ferrari; 04-26-2016, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Are you speaking about the magazine published by R.J. Bender?

Comment

Originally posted by Joda View Post
        Are you speaking about the magazine published by R.J. Bender?
        Yes, Joda and JPR is right. I did not comment, while I could not believe what I had seen.
        Yes, the article is the worst I have ever seen. Not an "advertisement" for Bender Publishing.

Whoever did write the article has no idea about buckles, if he tries to tell us about the originality
        of those buckles! He should get a severe punishment.
        Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 04-26-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Here are the scans I received. I had to reduce their size to fit forum's limit and I am posting those without permission from neither the author neither the publisher. But since such article could only lead to collectors been abused by forgeries I do not think it does matter.
          Attached Files
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Attached Files
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
                  Here are the scans I received. I had to reduce their size to fit forum's limit and I am posting those without permission from neither the author neither the publisher. But since such article could only lead to collectors been abused by forgeries I do not think it does matter.
                  good to see this here!!

Comment

Author should argue about butterflies rather then buckles, but Bender? They made a big mistake publishing such an article..

Comment

For whoever has problem to see the obvious ....
                      Attached Files
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

"...a steel buckle with a barred A and "A&S" for Assmann & Sohne"
                            Attached Files
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X