Is this a tropical Heer buckle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a tropical Heer buckle?

Could you guys tell me if this N&H buckle would be considered tropical? The paint color and date (1940) is exactly the same as this buckle here http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=n%26h but obviously mine has the leather tab.

Thanks

Glenn
    Attached Files
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Attached Files

Comment

Standard non tropical Heer buckle. Tropical buckle has web tab.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Thanks...That is why I was confused as I heard a few times that buckles with leather tabs were also issued and used in tropical regions..I thought maybe it had something to do with the paint color which is the same as the webbed tab buckle..

Glenn

Comment

Paint color has nothing to do with a Heer buckle being tropical. Color just depends on the manufacturer and their paint supplier. Dealers like to say lighter greens are tropical but if a buckle doesn't have a web tab it isn't tropical. Here a few Heer buckle to show some different colors.

This isn't true for Luftwaffe. A factory green painted Luftwaffe is tropical and a green Luftwaffe with a leather tab is tropical in my opinion .

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
            Paint color has nothing to do with a Heer buckle being tropical. Color just depends on the manufacturer and their paint supplier.
            One additional question here if I may, just to make things clear : one should then understand that the tan paint on Glenn's buckle is from the factory, and wasn't field applied, right ? (PS : great minty Heer family !)
            Last edited by Edelweiss; 02-14-2016, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Paint color has nothing to do with a Heer buckle being tropical. Color just depends on the manufacturer and their paint supplier. Dealers like to say lighter greens are tropical but if a buckle doesn't have a web tab it isn't tropical.

Thanks for the information....So technically you could have a Heer tropical buckle missing it's webbed tab,and then you would just have a standard Heer buckle.

Glenn

Comment

Here is a tropical buckle with most of it's tab cutoff. If he had cut the whole thing off there wouldn't be anything to classify it tropical. As a note this buckle was a gift from a vet who fought in Italy.

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
                  One additional question here if I may, just to make things clear : one should then understand that the tan paint on Glenn's buckle is from the factory, and wasn't field applied, right ? (PS : great minty Heer family !)

I wouldn't call this color tan. I have a N&H 41 and it is a darker shade of green. Maybe this company produced several different shades of green and a supply officer could order what he thought worked best. A lot of dealers like to call lighter colored buckles tropical but I I think that is more about money .

Comment

This one I have is more of a tan/beige paint and factory painted...I don't see much green in it at all. That is why I thought it could have been tropical but with a leather tab.

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                      This one I have is more of a tan/beige paint and factory painted...I don't see much green in it at all.
                      I don't see much green either, and giving this color a name is not really my point. So it's factory applied for you too Glenn ? That's what I intended to focus on.

Comment

Factory painted for sure Chris,no question about it.

Glenn

Comment

After looking at it on a regular monitor it does not look green. Searching the forum for N&H Heer I am seeing several shades of green but I haven't found one like yours yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
                            Factory painted for sure Chris,no question about it.
                            Searching the forum for N&H Heer I am seeing several shades of green but I haven't found one like yours yet.
                            Now we're more on my point.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X