AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Officers/EM belt markings; what is known about them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officers/EM belt markings; what is known about them?

I wonder if it is possible to organize a reference thread about Officers and EM/NCO's belt markings.
    It would be nice at first to create a schematic list with belt details and markings description, then pictures of them.

Obviously only 100% original approved items should be included.

If collectors approve my idea, with the help also of Jean Pierre and Ric, I think it would be a good work.

Hope to have your "go ahead"

Cheers,

Joda

I use the sticky threads on the War Relics Forum all the time. I would like to see some pinned threads with the nicest examples of all the different variation of SS EM and officers buckles. No comments allowed and only buckles in good condition. No ground dug or beaters. Buckles you can pull up on your phone and do a side by side comparison. I would also like measurements in mm on aluminum buckles and what to look for on specific fakes. The info is already here but this would save time.

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
      I use the sticky threads on the War Relics Forum all the time. I would like to see some pinned threads with the nicest examples of all the different variation of SS EM and officers buckles. No comments allowed and only buckles in good condition. No ground dug or beaters. Buckles you can pull up on your phone and do a side by side comparison. I would also like measurements in mm on aluminum buckles and what to look for on specific fakes. The info is already here but this would save time.
      Yes, I agree with all except for measures. Imho true measures on originals must not be shown because fakers should have too easy life for their job..

Anyone is able to start an initial list of known markings accepted 100% as original?

Comment

Originally posted by Joda View Post

Anyone is able to start an initial list of known markings accepted 100% as original?
        Then you will see them growing like mushrooms on a layer of sh*t. Anybody should learn lessons from the past, no repeat mistakes over and over. Confidence should take time.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
          Then you will see them growing like mushrooms on a layer of sh*t. Anybody should learn lessons from the past, no repeat mistakes over and over. Confidence should take time.
          I agree with you.
          But so also pinned threads like SS RZM 36/42 shouldn't be published... Anyone can learn from this thread and get better fakes..

Comment

Originally posted by Joda View Post
            I agree with you.
            But so also pinned threads like SS RZM 36/42 shouldn't be published... Anyone can learn from this thread and get better fakes..
            Not in that case. The mentioned thread was created just in the hope lazy collectors, or people just interested by a quick answer to buy or sale a 36/42 (profit driven) would not ask over and over the same question. The fake 36/42 is so far from an original that even a 3 years old kid should see the difference! Increasing similarity of that crap is just beyond possibility: they need to make another one!
            Making a die to stamp original leather cost nothing and can be done in less than 48 hours.
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh
            All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
              Not in that case. The mentioned thread was created just in the hope lazy collectors, or people just interested by a quick answer to buy or sale a 36/42 (profit driven) would not ask over and over the same question. The fake 36/42 is so far from an original that even a 3 years old kid should see the difference! Increasing similarity of that crap is just beyond possibility: they need to make another one!
              Making a die to stamp original leather cost nothing and can be done in less than 48 hours.
              Yes, you are right. I understand what are you saying..

Thank you anyway!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X