Ss 57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss 57

Just added this nickel SS to my collection. It is marked RZM 57 over Ges Gesch and SS under the prong bar. It seems the over stamped 57 buckles are more scarce than the regular 57 buckles.

SS marking.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Desireable buckle. Nice

Jack

Comment

Glad you like the buckle. I think I was wrong about 57 ges gesch being harder to find than the 57 without the ges gesch. Searching the forum most of the buckles posted have the ges gesch.

Comment

I like it
            very good acquisition

Comment

Lovely SS rare buckle, congrats

Regards
              brus

Comment

Originally posted by brus View Post
                Lovely SS rare buckle, congrats

Regards
                brus
                Could You recommend to me some good reference book about SS buckels? or SS belt & buckles?

Thank you in advance

Daniel

Comment

Ss 57

There isn't a great book on SS buckles. Your better off reading the old threads by JP and other SS buckle collectors here and on the War Relics Forum. Set up a photo album on a device with examples of originals. You can set up another for fakes.

Comment

Originally posted by klr View Post
                    There isn't a great book on SS buckles. Your better off reading the old threads by JP and other SS buckle collectors here and on the War Relics Forum. Set up a photo album on a device with examples of originals. You can set up another for fakes.
                    Thanks...to recognize original or fakes SS buckles is much more difficult for me than judge SS helmet.
                    I will post some photos of NCO SS belt&buckle when I will buy it probably in december. The owner of this belt probably will sell it finaly to me. I am waiting for this moment 4 years !!! Thanks in advance and best regards for all of You.

Comment

You should post the buckle before you buy it or make sure he will take it back if it's a bad one. Is it nickel, aluminum, or steel and how is it marked?

Comment

You should post the buckle before you buy it or make sure he will take it back if it's a bad one. Is it nickel, aluminum, or steel and how is it marked?
                        I will be honest with You - I have never seen this belt before. This is a possession of my 66 years old friend from UK ,who is keeping part of his small collection in bank deposit. He claims that this NCO SS belt & buckle he received from his friend-british IIWW veteran in 80's. He said that this belt was taken as a trophy from the war prisoner who was very sassy and rude because he couldn't accept that the war was over. Total fanatic- that sounds great- isn't it??? Of course he will return the money even if I will change my mind. I will post the photos because I have learned one more thing- I used to pay money for the items not for the story's about them. The story has charm & value only if the item is original.
                        I am looking forward to chat with You again in the nearest future.
                        Last edited by danielov; 11-05-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Glad you like the buckle. I think I was wrong about 57 ges gesch being harder to find than the 57 without the ges gesch. Searching the forum most of the buckles posted have the ges gesch.
                          You were not. In fact it could be the reason forum members are posting most often those than regular 57: 'cause they are scarcer and they want to show they were able to get one! But also keep in mind that the true harder to find are the ones with MW remaining. And try to get one with only Ges. Gesch MW without anything else....
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

nice find

Comment

Ss 57

Thanks for the correction JP. I don't recall ever seeing a Ges Gesch MW on any of the forums or for sale. I was guessing they were over stamped before they ever left the factory but some must have gotten to circulation.

Kirby

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X