Clear All

Comment

Nice SS Ivan in beautiful conditions

Regards
      brus

Comment

Originally posted by ivanjoaquin View Post
        This grey 155/43 type 2 is from my collection
        Looks more green than grey to me... Also the thickness of the paint covering the buckle would suggest the same.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Joda View Post
          Do you think not?
          I do not know. Looks a bit too shiny for a grey on the front and light blue on the back (as the usual colour the green's are turning over time). Grey's are usually same flat grey (no shine at all) front and back. Here's mine as an example.

But if there is colour distortion due to digital imaging please discard my comment. Unfortunately today's cameras with higher pixel count have a tendency to do not display accurate colours when shots are indoors.
          Attached Files
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Hi Jean Pierre,

Here is a picture (horrible picture sorry..! Today it is a rainy day..) with natural light. Sorry it is also out of focus, but colour is realistic..!

Looking at it with naked eye I would be quite sure it is grey...

Your thoughts?

Thanks a lot!
            Attached Files

Comment

If it is flat / dull / totally matt / medium to dark grey / not silver at all and the colour is the same on both sides, this is a grey.
              If it is a dull silver or if you have a feeling there could be some silver in it this is NOT a grey. You have the buckle, you could say.
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Thank you Jean Pierre,

I know there are some variations of grey in 155/43's; am I right?
                I think this one is really grey.
                Compared with the silver finishing of 155/40 or Overhoff unmarked I have, this buckle is not silver like those.

I tried to take better shot with natural light, but today there is really a bad light..

Comment

Thank you Jean Pierre,

I know there are some variations of grey in 155/43's; am I right?
                  I think this one is really grey.
                  Compared with the silver finishing of 155/40 or Overhoff unmarked I have, this buckle is not silver like those.

I tried to take better shot with natural light, but today there is really a bad light..
                  There is indeed millions of variations for the Assmann 155/43's. But the one I originally referenced as "gray" does not have any variation. It is the same as the one I posted: medium to dark grey (rather dark than medium), no silver content in the paint, totally matt (so does not shine or reflect light at all), thin layer of paint. And since it is not too hard to find several of those been the exact same, it was enough to conclude this could be a regular production. A variant is a mix of features from several main (regular) production. At that point we should call just a variant, not the true one.
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Cannot be no matter what since I doubt Overhoff and Assmann were sharing paints like good old buddies (even if most likely their paint supplier was the same wholesaler). Then any paint available in cans by 1940 would have turned solid dry by 1943. So compare with only Assmann 43's.
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh View Post
                      Cannot be no matter what since I doubt Overhoff and Assmann were sharing paints like good old buddies (even if most likely their paint supplier was the same wholesaler). Then any paint available in cans by 1940 would have turned solid dry by 1943. So compare with only Assmann 43's.
                      Yes Overhoff and Assmann have not the same finishing, it was only an example for saying both silver finishing have a "glittering" appearance.
                      This 155/43 not.

Anyway "Ubi maior, minor cessat": may be I'm wrong and mine is silver one..

Comment

Yes Overhoff and Assmann have not the same finishing, it was only an example for saying both silver finishing have a "glittering" appearance.
                        This 155/43 not.

Anyway "Ubi maior, minor cessat": may be I'm wrong and mine is silver one..
                        You have it in your hands when we will only see a picture of it. In hands the difference MUST be obvious. There is no similarity at all with any silver Assmann in the finish.
                        It MUST be plain matt darker grey.
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X