Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estate fresh SS officers buckle 36/43 , badges, awards and more- help appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estate fresh SS officers buckle 36/43 , badges, awards and more- help appreciated!

Hi all!

Just picked this up off a family estate to a Canadian Tank commander. The group came with many Canadian items as well (not pictured), cloth insignia, some sort of German sniper scope and lots of badges/pins.

The SS officers buckle is marked: "SS RZM 36/43 OLC" and is in brand new condition. I have never seen one of them before and was surprised to find it! There is also a 1st pattern Luftwaffe buckle w/ tab unmarked (the tab says MAX SIELZEI BERLIN 1935.) The HJ belt buckle is unmarked. There is also an odd good luck swastika design belt buckle with a "B" on the front and the markings "SILVER FRONT" on the reverse. Perhaps this is a scout belt buckle he threw in with the rest of his German capture items?

If anyone could help pont me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it!

Cheers!

That's an interesting lot.

Are you sure the HJ buckle isn't marked? If you look on the back of the buckle, inside the diamond, you might see "M5/276" written there somewhere. The photo isn't very clear, but it looks like a late war Klein und Quenzer from what I can see.

As for the Luftwaffe, it's a first pattern type with what appears to be a private-purchase (aftermarket) leather tab added. Could you please show a photo of the back of this buckle? There are a few different varieties.

Comment

Thanks Belten! You are right, there is a "RZM M5/276" mark on the reverse of the buckle on the triangle- its a nice marking but easy to miss! My camera just died but I will try to get more photos later tonight!

Comment

Really nice find! Congrats

Comment

Wow nice lot! Congrats.

Steve

Comment

good mint officer buckle

Comment

SS buckle was made by the Overhoff firm in 1943. Since made from zinc it is indeed very scarce to find one retaining all its silver wash. Nice catch!
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh
              All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by Discostu View Post
                Hi all!

Just picked this up off a family estate to a Canadian Tank commander. The group came with many Canadian items as well (not pictured), cloth insignia, some sort of German sniper scope and lots of badges/pins.

The SS officers buckle is marked: "SS RZM 36/43 OLC" and is in brand new condition. I have never seen one of them before and was surprised to find it! There is also a 1st pattern Luftwaffe buckle w/ tab unmarked (the tab says MAX SIELZEI BERLIN 1935.) The HJ belt buckle is unmarked. There is also an odd good luck swastika design belt buckle with a "B" on the front and the markings "SILVER FRONT" on the reverse. Perhaps this is a scout belt buckle he threw in with the rest of his German capture items?

If anyone could help pont me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it!

Cheers!

me podrĂ­an ayudar a verificar una hebilla por favor ??

Comment

The Right Direction...

[QUOTE=Discostu;7043655]Hi all!

If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it!

Cheers!

For a quick sale on that SS officer's buckle, I can point you in the direction of my PM box!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X