DAF Buckle real or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAF Buckle real or fake?

Hello, I'm an inexperienced buckle collector who's new to the forum. There's what I think is a DAF buckle listed on e-bay and I was wondering if anyone can tell if it's real or fake. Photo's aren't that good. It's RZM marked M4/24? Thanks for your help. Steve

Can not tell from the picture you post, sorry. Fakes of these buckles are well made these days.

Have a look at this post, maby the pictures will help you

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...6&page=1&pp=40

Marc
    Last edited by Marc verstraete; 12-20-2004, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Steve.

As Marc has intimated, better detailed and correctly proportioned images would be appreciated, as this buckle is faked!

Regards,

David

Comment

Steve that is great you paid membership before your first post! There are scary fakes out there, and I don't see anything that makes me feel good yet about this one.

I got lucky and found a mint Assmann crank catch with original belt here on the forum!
        Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Is it just my eyes or is the marking upside down, i.e. legible the right way up when you hold the buckle upright by the pin and claw assembly?

Regards,

Karl

Comment

I just want to thank everyone for sharing their time and knowledge with me. great forum. Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X