Belgian manufacture buckles...need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belgian manufacture buckles...need help

hello.....I need some info here....I have searched the belt buckles section and come up with ony limited info on the Belgian made TR buckles that exist....I know that some were made by reitz and others were Belgian made, but unmarked....I found this thread..
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=belgian which gave me a little bit of info, but I want some more definative answers.....I am going to post my two buckles that I believe are Belgian made....the reason that I believe the two I have are belgian made , is the identical match in manufacturing to the one in the above post I listed...One buckle is a luft and the other is Heer possibly Dak as paint looks somewhat tan...Mark if you read this, I want your thoughts...some time ago about 6 months ago, I sent you photos of the luft buckle and you told me it was Belgian made but not Reitz..... I am basing that the DAK buckle I have ,is also Belgian made strictly on the identical manufacturing of the luft....please see pics below and please give me any thoughts and knowledge you can thanks...chad
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chad Williams; 11-26-2004, 05:35 PM.

back

back
    Attached Files

Comment

dome

dome
      Attached Files

Comment

curved pins

curved pins
        Attached Files

Comment

Heer

heer
          Attached Files

Comment

heer back

back
            Attached Files

Comment

heer dome

dome
              Attached Files

Comment

curved pins heer

curved pins
                Attached Files

Comment

reverse comparison

luft/heer
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok !

IMO belgian made buckle, NOT REITZ MADE, they did not produce buckles !!
                    See my website for more info and other buckles

werner
                    Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

weird

now that I look at it again, something is weird. The bridge of your buckle is welded to the left whereas the bridge on all buckles on my website is welded OVER the wrath around the eagle or center image of the buckle.
                      Also note that the wrath ( cord) around the eagle on your buckle has been interrupted ... on the right down side of the bridge... Maybe it has been replaced ???

pw
                      Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

hello

Werner...the wreat cord is interupted because the solder or whatever they used to weld this ran into the depression when it was still molten...there is no evidence of it being replaced..I have a buckle that has a period replaced catch and it is plain to see that it was replaced due to the evidence of the prior location of the original catch...I will post a better picture of the heer buckle for you...chad

Comment

h2

h2
                          Attached Files

Comment

h3

h3
                            Attached Files

Comment

werner

Werner....I have noticed that the cap in the prong bar pin is much larger than german manufacture buckles....the buckles on your site have this same pin...is this a tell tale sign of a belgian manufactured buckle???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X