FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political Officers Belt & Buckle -Real or Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Officers Belt & Buckle -Real or Fake?

Howdy! New member here with a question on a belt.
    My 14 year old son has been collecting WWII related items for the last 4 years and has decided to narrow down his interests and is starting to sell some of his collection.
    I sell odds and ends on ebay and was going to help him out, but I soon discovered that ebay is not friendly to people who buy and sell German WWII items.

One of the items taken down was a Political Officers belt and buckle. It seemed to be well made, but in too nice of condition. We were unsure if it was genuine or a reproduction, so we described it as best we could, stating that we did not know if it was genuine or not and it was up to the bidder to bid accordingly. It got some interest during the short time it was up with some offers to buy it if it was taken down.

Anyway... Here's some pictures.

Any information or opinions will be welcome!

Welcome to the forum An original political leader's buckle by Friedrich Linden IMO.

Best,
    Adam

Comment

Put it on the E-Stand for sale-

Comment

Adam- Thanks for the welcome!
        The main concern I had for the buckle was that it looks just too darn nice!
        The leather has no markings (I'm not sure how significant that is except that it seems that every other belt discussion here mentions markings on the belt itself.)
        Here's a couple more photos of the belt

Last edited by flotsambay; 07-03-2014, 03:55 PM. Reason: Broken photo link

Comment

You rarely find these Belts with the cloth backing.

Comment

Condition is never the main thing to look at for being original or not !
            We see everyday totally damaged uniforms which are common fakes ...
            This one is a nice but not mint condition and a more luxus version with the
            felt on the back ?
            Nick

Comment

Nick- Yes, it does have felt on the back of the leather.
              I would like to put this on E-stand, but I really do not have a good idea of value.
              From what I could find on the internet, people are trying to sell the buckle in this condition for around $200.
              I say trying, because it looks like it actually is selling for around $75.
              I could not find any sells with it attached to a period belt.
              I read on the E-stand info page that I do need to have a set price for the item to list it.
              If I could come up with a fair market price I will list it.
              As I stated when I started this thread, I'm selling it for my 14 year old son. He is currently putting together a U.S. Paratroopers outfit that would have been worn on D-Day. I would say he has it about 60% completed with a mix of period, close to period and repro items. He would like to make it as authentic as possible, so that would be where the money would go. (I'll throw a picture of it up here in the next few days!) Thanks for the info everyone!

Comment

I am looking for one maybe 100 cm long. Since yours is not stamped with the length, can you post a measurement, please.

Comment

I sold one on estand about three years ago. It had a nice buckle but a standard belt with the punched holes. I started around $200 and it sold for $160.

Comment

Der-Hase-Fee
                    I've measured it and it's for a larger person- about 121cm.
                    Here are some more photos.

Comment

Thank you. Mine measures 132cm / 52" (it's stamped 130). I'll PM you.

Comment

Here's what I'm doing with the belt. I've offered it at $500 to the people who expressed interest in it when ebay took the auction down. I figure they will not except that offer (unless I made some kind of horrible mistake on the value of the belt!) I will then put it up in E-Stand at a more reasonable amount.
                        Thanks to everyone here that's helped me with this belt!

Comment

Here's an update on the belt.
                          I heard back from one of the people who had expressed an interest in while it was on ebay.
                          He said he wouldn't pay more than $250 for it.
                          I was going to put it on E-Stand for $300, But while having a conversation with a member here, I mentioned what I was going to do and he said he'd buy it for that price.
                          So the belt is going to a good home.
                          Thanks everyone for helping out with this!

I'd mentioned earlier that I'd post a picture of the paratrooper outfit that my son was putting together (and where some of the money is going) so here it is.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X