The rarest of all Nickel officers ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rarest of all Nickel officers ...

I posted this buckle years ago I think but it is still worth a new post, thus is ,in my opinion, the rarest nickel SS officer buckle as it has NO marking.
    It belonged to a All SS officer from Gau Essen. Personally, I have neve seen or heard of any other example....
    Marc.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Marc verstraete View Post
    I posted this buckle years ago I think but it is still worth a new post, thus is ,in my opinion, the rarest nickel SS officer buckle as it has NO marking.
    Marc.
    Hello All,

@Marc...you have the buckle yet ?

Best regards

Raphael

Comment

Yes, I own the buckle ....

Comment

The Collectors Guild has an unmarked nickel SS officers.Your is in better condition. Thanks for posting

Kirby

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

Hi, I was not aware the Guild ever had an unmarked nickel one....
            Was it not a ultra scarce steel version ?? Ow witch there are also only a couple examples of in the world, one at least unmarked or one marked RZM 36 / ? SS and painted green ....

Comment

The steel versions are original?

Comment

If the mentioned one is real then I will go digging through my drawers as I have one somewhere, never knew they had a good one in steel.

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                  The steel versions are original?
                  I can unfortunately not post pictures as I live on my boat and i'm far away from belgium and my archives, but yes, there are ORIGINAL steel versions !!

Whatever "they" say !!

I used to own a steel version, unmarked and formerly painted combat green until a stupid collector "cleaned" it .... But in these times no-one cared ...
                  The origin was whiteout any doubt traceable to the early 50's !! and was until I bought it always been in this collection. One of the nicest in Europe and belgium.

Another such "steel" buckle exist in a german collection, complete on his leather belt and also painted combat green. belt is marked to an officer of the LAH . This green painting is also seen on EM nickel buckle who have been used during the battle of France in 1940 . ( Like the WWI type RZM SS helmets) "SS-VT green"

I have handled this set, taken pictures, and I say modestly, I know what I am talking about when I see a original "untouched never messed with buckle" ... :-)

These are the only two "original" examples I know . But, Another reputable collector in Belgium, who is probably the biggest collector in the world, has affirmed me, he knows still another example, also painted green ....

Marc

Comment

Be careful not to jump to early ... There are lots of " fakes" !!!!!!!

Comment

The buckle on the guild is still listed and is described as nickel. I didn't go to the 13 Max show but a buddy told me about a painted SS officers buckle on a tropical web belt. Someone must have thought it was a good one, it sold for around $8000.

Comment

I notice lots of differences between the guild posted buckle and this one...lettering is finer on yours...but lots of differences in details letter by letter (fancier on the guild example)...although different makers had different styles and that does not concern me.... the front has a lot of wear on yours , and the prongs seem(on the back) like they are not as worn....not equal to the amount on front one expects to see .(so they don't match by condition)

I also wonder what is up with the edge from top of the buckle all the way around the right on the very edge to the bottom center (or more...possibly the whole thing ) like it has a strange edge outside the edge of the buckles radius... like the front was cut off in the middle of the radius , and the back of another was soldered or squeezed together to the front...slightly overlapping(back edge butt of the back facing front outside the front radius like the front is tucked in the back edge),also seems to have crimp marks on the front side where it looks like someone smashed the radius'd edge down on the right side for an inch or two at least leaving pimply crushed marks where it was squeezed together with some type of device instead of wrapping around smoothly on that radius from the front side like it was a really tight fit and needed help to force the two halves together ) and the dark crud in the middle bottom looks like JB weld holding it fast, and seems to cover where it looks evident like it overlaps...like that was covering a boo boo ) if so does that concern you at all?
                        As I eluded... this may be just a photo glitch...so would you mind showing the edges asap in the future as you say you are on a boat..and do not have the buckle archives ....but when you do...please show these areas in question at that time (sounds like possibly never right now) ...especially the right side and bottom where the black crud is...so we can see better , just to rule out an illusion in photography...but if not.... the front should be one piece as it radius's from the front and wraps around the back ....does anyone else notice this at all...(not evident from back shot ..only the front view)
                        I always thought the rarest was the no maker with a stamp on the belt hook, so could the mark have worn off as I said the guild buckle does not match for hook style...front details...nor the radius'd piece of nickle for holding the buckles belt attachment on either....I ask for more photos respectfully...as the photos only show the front and back.... like yours is made out of two different buckles....until then I would advise any interested parties Caveat emptor till these areas are clearly shown and are sure it is not made from two buckles .
                        I hope more un marked examples are found for this thread to compare...
                        I have one all nickle... but mine is an O&C nickle with no mm on the hook (search my threads to see it) Thanks for any help to see this clearer since you brought it back for further discussion.
                        Last edited by juoneen; 06-21-2014, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Yes, I own the buckle ....
                          Did you bought it back after selling it to Teddy last year?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=705127
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

I can unfortunately not post pictures as I live on my boat and i'm far away from belgium and my archives, but yes, there are ORIGINAL steel versions !!
                            I can do that for you. You posted those in this forum in 2005.
                            Attached Files
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                            All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                              I always thought the rarest was the no maker with a stamp on the belt hook,
                              Which one are you talking about?
                              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X