Latest vet find,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest vet find,

An occasional dealer who thought I would be interested in the buckle presented this grouping to me at the latest MAX show. He acquired the group from the neighbour of the man on the picture himself. Amazing that a former Allgemeine SS guy that served at Dachau was still in the possession of his uniform parts, buckles, medals and papers. In the US!

Cooled down by the price at first and a little suspicious about the whole story I took a very good look at all the items in details and asked the advice of some other collectors on there opinion of the cloth items. Everything seemed to confirm that the whole grouping was indeed belonging to one person so I decide to go for it, especially as the buckle was not the every day buckle but a les current variation of the O&C with capital G.

Marc
    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

That is an amazing grouping. Great find.

JasonS

Comment

Fantastic grouping Can you give more details of the man's story? i.e When did the former camp guard come to the US? Did he live in the US long? Are his children living in the US? ETC... I knew I should have gone to this years MAX show
          Best Regards

Mike

Comment

Interesting group

The IAB just don't seem like it belongs with this set does it ... appears he was more of a politician than a fighter

Comment

Hi,

That eagle looks like an "M1/8" to me. Is that correct?
              Also, is the aluminum Assmann uniform button marked "SS"?

Thanks! Chris

Comment

An interesting identity photo. I've not seen many in which the person is wearing a cap. It kind of defeats the purpose of being a good photo for identification.

Comment

A most unusual find Marc.

I agree that the SS belt buckle is not an everyday Overhoff (block letters with the capital G).

Any possibility of a full obverse and reverse view?

Regards,

David

Comment

Amazing..... Congrats!

The only thing I can say!

Øyvind

Comment

I will of course never know fur sure that “All” the items belonged to the same group. I am the second hand. The “dealer” who got it from the original seller could have added one of the medals to the set to make it a little more attractive; but the main items are absolutely from the same provenance. Regiment and rank are correct on papers and cloth items. He was NCO and became Officer. All cloth items have been torn from the uniforms; pieces of black (wool) cloth are still attached to most items.

One button is Assmann marked the other one is an SS RZM button with code of maker 63/37.

The cap eagle is indeed RZM 8, unfortunately the pins are broken

Marc

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mark!

Is there anyway that you could post a clearer picture of the reverse of the 63 button and also a picture of the reverse of the Assmann button?

Thanks again! Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X