Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early SA Belt and Double Claw Buckle ?

Hi,

Could someone confirm if this is an early SA Belt with a double claw buckle, or is it something else ? It is approximately 2 - 1/8" wide. It is dusty and could be cleaned up, but the leather is soft and pliable with no major damage. There are no markings or stampings that I can see.

Thanks,
    Pat
    Attached Files

Some more photos.
    Attached Files

Comment

It might actually be closer to 2" wide when I was remeasuring.

Comment

No ideas ?

Comment

Maybe Political, before the Leader's buckle.

Comment

Thanks Ron.

Comment

belt

Pebbling on the buckles is larger and more random than a 3rd reich buckles, springs on the cross strap buckles are not consistent with German buckles . I think a google search for WWII Bulgarian Belt will prove it to be just that.

Comment

Would it be possible to get some more feedback ? This was sold on the tables and it is being returned. I would like some more definitive feedback before I list it again, as I don't want to misrepresent what it actually is.

Here are some additional pictures, please let me know what exact photo would help identify it conclusively.

Thanks,
                Pat
                Attached Files

Comment

Two more.
                  Attached Files

Comment

??? - no other thoughts ?

Comment

okay - with no definitive forum consensus, this must be a very expensive and rare belt. Thanks to Lonewolf and Ron for weighing in on this belt. I am going to list it again and link this thread.

Thanks,
                      Pat

Comment

Hey Pat, I believe you are correct in that your belt is rare. In my opinion I believe it is a copy of a German example, but I am unclear as to the exact period or country. I'm leaning towards some of the former eastern european countries, may even date to the post war period. Interesting belt worthy of further research.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X