Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Reichsbahn

A trio of DRB.

I wonder, does anyone have an aluminium DRB with markings other than R S & S ?.

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

David....great buckles..you never cease to amaze me with what is in your collection.....thanks for sharing those with us...chad

Comment

Originally posted by Renfield
                A trio of DRB.

I wonder, does anyone have an aluminium DRB with markings other than R S & S ?.

Regards,

David
                After the DRK, I think this is my next favorite design.

Thanks for sharing David.

Cheers
                Don

Comment

Drb

Lovely buckles, David.
                  I assume the alu one with the bizarre and ungainly looking catch is Assmann? It has the characteristic Assman bent prongs.
                  This may have already been covered but I am slightly confused between the three styles of railway buckles.
                  From photographic evidence I have seen, the round gold railway buckle without inscription was worn by ordinary ranks as well as officers, whereas the Deutsche Reichsbahn version followed the usual rules -- round for officers, rectangular for lower ranks. What were their respective duties? Was it one organization, or two?
                  Please excuse my ignorance.
                  Regards,
                  Kevin

Comment

Hi David, again nice buckles You have mentioned a few times now about the bent prongs. Being quite new to the buckle game was it only Assmann that used bent prongs?

Comment

David,
                      GREAT BUCKLES! My favorite design I might add. Would you happen to have one of those with a crimped catch hidding in your collection?
                      Steve

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Yes, two distinct organisations, although both under control of the Railway authority. The round gold buckle is for railway officials and was worn by all uniformed railway personnel except for a few higly senior ranks from 1938/39, who had the rather splendid Beamtenuniform with its special brocade. David's buckles are for the Bahnschutz, an auxiliary police force raised specifically for the protection of the railways.

Kind regards, Karl

Originally posted by Kevin Rea
                        Lovely buckles, David.
                        I assume the alu one with the bizarre and ungainly looking catch is Assmann? It has the characteristic Assman bent prongs.
                        This may have already been covered but I am slightly confused between the three styles of railway buckles.
                        From photographic evidence I have seen, the round gold railway buckle without inscription was worn by ordinary ranks as well as officers, whereas the Deutsche Reichsbahn version followed the usual rules -- round for officers, rectangular for lower ranks. What were their respective duties? Was it one organization, or two?
                        Please excuse my ignorance.
                        Regards,
                        Kevin

Comment

posted just as an example...

Greg
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X