X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

I have some very bad news. . . .

but every buckle in this thread is a repro. But, being the gracious guy that I am I will uh. . . accept for immediate disposal, yeah that's it, every one of these terrible pieces and ensure they never see the light of day outside my own coll. . . I mean, garbage can!
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Jos,

That's one of the most beautiful LW buckles I ever saw. It is so difficult to find them in that condition, but plus the typical early Overhoff marking on the tongue... Wow!

Karl

[QUOTE=Jos Le Conté]

Comment

Thanks Karl ,

Yes,hard to find..

Another nice thing is the area inside the wreath which is very pronounced compared to others..it looks like a small half egg.

Jos.
          Attached Files

Comment

My earliest buckle is a 1936 and I have two of them:
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Reverse
              Attached Files
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

[QUOTE=Karl Ortmann]Jos,

That's one of the most beautiful LW buckles I ever saw. It is so difficult to find them in that condition, but plus the typical early Overhoff marking on the tongue... Wow!

Karl

ALL very nice buckles guys, but that '36 dated one Jos is simply amazing ....I really like it...

Comment

Jos - That is one beautiful OLC buckle. It has always amazed me that with the shortages during the war and the absolute usage of everything for the war effort, some of these early dated buckles would survive in the condition they did. Absolutely amazing!

Gene - Nice KG 255 marked buckle! Very historic He-111 and Me-262 unit.

My pre-1937 WL parade buckle shows mild to moderate wear on the eagle highlights.

Regards,
                  Gary
                  Last edited by GLM; 10-20-2004, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X