Police - gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police - gold

A trio of "gold" Police buckles, attributed I think to Water/Harbour/Canals/Traffic.

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

David,

Super buckles. Why don't you do your brilliant 'police buckles' gallery from the GermanDaggers forum again here, as some people (including me) are squeamish about joining something as a necessary threashold where they don't know where their data might end up? Just a thought,

Best regards,
              Karl

Comment

Karl

Thankyou for the comments and suggestion.

Certainly well worth considering as slightly surprisingly, Polizei buckles do not seem to appear on the Forum as much as I would have thought.

Regards,

David

Comment

Here is a picture of my gold police buckle maker marked... F L L 40

Regards
                  Gary

Comment

Pic 2

Comment

What a spankingly mint buckle you have there! As for the marking, are the FLL letters straight or curved along the spines? They look straight from here. There is the idea floating around that curved letters were only used by FLL during the war and straight letters after the war on their navy buckles. But I have seen both styles on wartime buckles.
                      Regards,
                      Kevin

Comment

Gary

A premier grade buckle!

The leather tongue however is most odd, do you not think?

A traditional and winged edge leather tongue, although appearing to have been attached at the factory, inside out. The chromed leather surface appears inwards facing, whilst the rougher and non finished side is upwards. Furthermore, this has obviously been accepted by the manufacturer, by the tongue being dignified with the makers oval stamp!

I agree with Kevin towards his comments with regard to the style of the FLL letterin and perhaps an urban myth as an indication of war or post war production.

A lovely buckle and thankyou again for the post.

Regards,

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X