Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-stand belt

Hello !!
    I'v seen this item on Estand... and I would like to learn something new - isnt that belt post war BW ???? (buckle looks fine)

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=68946

cheers !!

Hello Michael,

What make you think this belt could be post war? I dont think so as the German army ( East or west)did not use brown belts after the war. ( Christian??)
    Marc

Comment

Dear Marc !!
      the hook is the part that makes me feel strange about this one - looks to me like BW hook ?? - I am not saying I am not wrong here - just want to learn something.. science I am not a belt collector - and I might be not familiar with some hooks variants...

Comment

Hello,
        Just to say that BW belts do not fit WWII buckles, although they do fit the bigger M47 pattern buckle from the previous century. That hook looks like Weimar era if anything.
        Regards,
        Kevin

Comment

Yes Kevin, this is my opinion too, Weimar period catch ( and belt).

Marc

Comment

Hi
            I just noticed that the seller hides the leather strap, which has been bent over the hook, or I'm wrong
            AJ

Comment

Sorry but i'm not a belt expert...This is how I bought it...and I wasn't trying to hide anything in the pictures.
              The belt and buckle were sold to a friend of mine who lives 2 houses from me so if he is not happy with it he doesn't have fare to go.

Regards
              Gary

Comment

Request??

Gary,

From the scan of your Luft. buckle (and belt) just sold, it would appear the buckle tab is marked DICKE. I have an untabbed Luft. buckle that appears to be the same? Is it okay if I borrow a couple of your scans from estand for comparison purposes to post pictures here in the Buckle Forum. I think my buckle might be a C.T. Dicke, but want the guys on the Forum to confirm this.

Regards,

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary:

Go ahead and use my picture of the Luft. buckle to compare to yours.

Regards
                  Gary

Comment

Hi Gary,

Okay, thanks!

Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X