No announcement yet.

H J by Assmann - triple marked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Fake "Assmann" HJ
      Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Gary,

nickle silver on steel is the 2nd official HJ pattern introduced in 1935. In that year, a number of non-precious metals deemed to be of strategic value were forbidden to be used for uniform accoutrments, among them nickle and brass.

Regards,
        Karl

Originally posted by GLM
        My question on this buckle? Is this nickeled STEEL configuration unusual for early buckles and does anyone have a similar early buckle made the same way?

Comment

Karl - Thanks for that bit of information on timeline use for brass and nickle. I wasn't aware that the ban on these non-precious metals went that early.

I have in my collection three different Hj buckles, all hallmarked with the RZM and 23 for Dr Franke & Cie KG. All three hallmarks are different and my question was going to be if there was any way to determine which hallmark(s) were older, but with your information, I can assume with some certainty that buckle scan # 1 would be the oldest. This buckle is non-magnetic silvered nickle box with brass catch, steel rollbar and pin. This would be a pre-1935 buckle. Scan # 2 and # 3 are both magnetic, nickled steel boxes with steel catches, rollbars and pins , so they would be post-1935 buckles, correct? Any way to determine which of these two latter buckles has the earlier or later hallmark? If you notice in scan # 3, the M is gone and the stamping is much larger, so I assume this is the latest made buckle of the three? Am I correct?

Regards,
          Gary

(1)
          Last edited by GLM; 10-23-2004, 02:55 PM.

Comment

(2)

Comment

(3)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X