Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Belt & Buckle Review

Hi,

This is my first SA set, does it look good ? I don't see any maker's marks on it.

Thanks
    Pat
    Attached Files

Some of the back of buckle and back of belt.
    Attached Files

Comment

Other side of belt.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Pat,

I considered purchasing this rig from Pete last year actually but then had to pass. I am not really interested in belt straps so won't comment with any certainty but IMO it's fine.

The buckle is perfectly original and a somewhat less common design of nickel roundel. In general, most brass SA buckles are unmarked and I have never seen this variant maker marked in anyway. Your buckle is somewhat more special in that it appears to have a fire-gilded finish and this was the reason for my attraction. This is less commonly seen as it was a rather expensive additional process. The individual purchasing SA member could opt for this with the main advantage being not having to polish the brass, etc. I have attached a buckle from my collection which displays the same.

In my opinion, a good representative set, a fair price and with the bonus of being fire-gilded.

Best,
        Adam
        Attached Files

Comment

Whats up with the eagles head on the second buckle...it is either nodding, or screaming...Points on the belt adjuster seems awful long.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
            Whats up with the eagles head on the second buckle...it is either nodding, or screaming...Points on the belt adjuster seems awful long.
            This is a pretty rare variant with myself and others referring to it as an "open beak" SA. There are some SA designs that are bizarre and not everyone's cup of tea. The prongs on this particular variant are sharp whenever you find them just as they are on the equally hard to come by "Dog Head" SA (image attached)

Best,
            Adam.
            Attached Files

Comment

Another example of a (very) bizarre design of SA which I personally refer to as the "Chicken SA."
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X