Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army - 4 tab by Overhoff

Posted on behalf of Randy.

Private purchase and parade Army with a 4 tab roundel, the reverse of the buckle showing unusually, a makers logo (Overhoff).

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM.

Reverse
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Question For Renfield (David)??

David,

Very happy to meet up with you again! I also have an early OLC marked Heer parade buckle in aluminum. From your post, I'm assuming you're posting these scans for someone else, but I'm wondering if there is a chance for a complete scan of the reverse of Randy's OLC buckle. It would appear that the OLC logo is in the same location, but the buckle also appears to have an indentation in the center of the buckle? Haven't seen this characteristic on alum. parade buckles before. The scan is just too close for me to tell for sure? Is the rollbar alum. or steel like mine? I have 4-prong parade Heer buckles with both alum. and steel rollbars plus different sizes and shapes of "cut & puff" catches, so am very curious to see the possible differences on both OLC buckles.

Regards,

Gary

Comment

Reverse

Comment

And OLC logo

Comment

Hello Gary

Always a pleasure to exchange views and opinions with you.

As you supposed, I posted these images on behalf of Randy, insofar as the buckle is not mine. I do recall however that the buckle enjoys the feature of a "dished" back.

If Randy does not pick up this reply, I will ask him to submit a full view of the reverse.

Regards,

David (David North/Renfield)

Comment

Hello David,

Thanks! I'm very curious about the "dished" reverse on parade buckles. Hope Randy sees this. I have examples of "flat-back" Heer, Luft. and Police, but have yet to see this type.

Wondering if you or anyone else might have this type in any branch they could post an image of?

Regards,
              Gary

Comment

Gary

I have asked Randy to post a full image of his "olc" Army buckle and hopefully, this should appear within the next few days.

Looking through my Polizei and RAD, light construction aluminium buckles, all would appear to have flat backs.

The well known dished back aluminium buckle, is of course the final pattern RLB - by Overhoff. This buckle is however known with a flat back and no makers mark.

Regards,

David
                Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:43 AM.

Comment

That's a first for me!

David,

Absolutely the first dished out parade buckle I've seen! If Randy's Heer is dished, I wonder if this would be an OLC only trademark? No end to the variations of original buckles to be encountered. And it would appear your RLB is in magnificent, minty condition on top of it's beauty. What is a buckle of this character worth? Needless to say, probably above scarce in availability in this pattern?

Nice...very nice!

Gary

Comment

Well it is very nice to know that out of the only 3 buckles that I own that 2 of them are quite interesting. The 3rd may be a repro but I have no idea. But here are some more shots of the buckle.

Comment

Belt prongs

Comment

backside

Comment

backside with prongs. The prongs do not seem right to me but I do not know much about buckles. My main interest is US uniforms. They do not exhibit the 45deg cut I have seen as a sure sign of forgery though. They seem to be cut on 2 sides then rounded a bit from wear.

Comment

Prongs are fine.
                              Over and under cut style with a vertical cut to the right hand prong.
                              The "rounding"you described is part of the manufacturing characteristic.
                              One of the typical styles,seen on a range of buckles,including SS,SA,HJ ,DJ as well.

I have seen this style used on prewar steinhauer and luck army buckles as well.
                              This also being a prewar buckle makes those style of prongs suited nicely.

regards keifer
                              Last edited by keifer kahn; 10-01-2004, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X