Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Yes William its a fake

Comment

I agree, bad one.

Jack

Comment

Hi William,

Indeed it's a repro but a rather good looking one so if you are stuck with it it might be of some value to a re-enactor.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

I am a little bit irritated! This particular fake is very well known for a long time and quite easy to detect - at least I ever thought so. Obviously it is not the reality as I have to note that also members with nearly 9k posts ask for confirmation if original or not. Is it really a hard to detect copy?

Best,
          Guido

Comment

This type is very easy to spot,, I have a big problem to distinguish the molded 822/38 buckles..

Comment

We have seen, in the last couple of month, so many very good iron 155/43 fakes that are now nicely aged, that I am getting suspicious about all buckles of this type/maker mark.

These are really more difficult to spot !

Comment

Originally posted by Guido L. View Post
                I am a little bit irritated! This particular fake is very well known for a long time and quite easy to detect - at least I ever thought so. Obviously it is not the reality as I have to note that also members with nearly 9k posts ask for confirmation if original or not. Is it really a hard to detect copy?

Best,
                Guido
                Why get irritated? Maybe he doesn't collect buckles and isn't familiar with that particular example. This hobby has many facets to it and it's impossible to know everything.

Regards,
                Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Guido L. View Post

Best,
                  Guido!
                  As can be seen in the title, I am asking for a confirmation of what I believe to be called a "diamond chested" fake.

I am an awards collector, and while I have numerous buckles, I am not a buckle expert by any means.

Since when does post-count have anything to do with knowledge of reproduction buckles? If it irritates you that I needed a confirmation, don't post.

Sorry if my question offended you on a public forum.

William Kramer
                  Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

I have absolutely no problems with your requests. This is indeed a public forum and every one can ask what he want - even the question about the "diamond chest" buckle for the thousandth time. On the other hand I have also the opportunity to post my own thoughts. No harm meant!

Best Regards,
                    Guido

Comment

any pictures of the good made repro 155/43 buckle ??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X