Silver Nsdap Buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Nsdap Buckle

A Few Years Ago, I Aquired The Brownshirt, Breeches, Belt And 1939 Pattern Armband Of A Kammervorsitzender Parteigericht Of The NSDAP-the Chamber President Of The Gau Court. These Items Had Been Aquired From The Owner's Family In The Frankfurt Area In 1971.
    Besides Being A Very Rare Uniform, The Belt Was A Very High Quality Pigkskin Wiith A Silver NSDAP Eagle And Wreath Pattern Buckle. This Is Only The Third Of This Pattern I Have Seen In My Many Years Of Collecting. Many Years Ago, I Vet Purchased One In The Mid 60's. Around The Same Time, I Remember Seeing Another Among The Goods Of A Local Dealer. I Am Curious If Anyone Knows The Background Of This Particular Buckle? My Thoughts Are That It Was Used For A Short Period By Administrative Officials Of The NSDAP. I Would Be Happy To Forward Images To Someone For Posting. Before Anyone Asks, It Is Not An Aluminum Buckle Without The Gilt Finish. Any Assistance Would Be Appreciated.
    Bob

Buckle!

Bob

I will post for you if you send pics!

PaulV

PVON

pvon67@aol.com

Comment

Belt and buckle!

pics for Bob!

Comment

belt

pics

Comment

buckle

pic3
          Attached Files

Comment

buckle

pic4
            Attached Files

Comment

buckle

pic5
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                Great pics! I was just about to raise the issue of this very buckle myself. I happen to have a mint example of this buckle without belt. It is frosted silver aluminium and not simply one that the gold has worn off. I have been surmising that, like the silver navy officer buckle, it was for administrative personnel of the NSDAP. But the NSDAP were all administrative personnel, were they not? There were no frontline units like in the navy.
                There must be some surviving regulations somewhere concerning this buckle waiting to be discovered. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the organizations of the NSDAP can shed some light on the matter.
                Kevin

Comment

Kevin-
                  The NSDAP was divided in to administrative and operational personel. However, the great number of administrative officials would not account for the scarcity of this buckle. There must be more to this than just administrative. We do know that it was worn by a parteigericht. Possibly, it was only worn by members of that administrative branch of the party.
                  Bob

Comment

Yes, very interesting buckle. Especially, as has once more been confirmed that the buckle has a proper silver finish and not just the gilding rubbed off. There is no mention of this buckle either in the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP or in Mitteilungsblatt der RZM. But as Kevin said, the pertinent reg is bound to lurk somewhere.

Karl

Comment

I have no more info on this buckle eider but the above-pictured uniform proves again the existence of this silver buckle during the III Reich period.

The smaller model such buckle used on the gold brocade for the leaders also exists in silver, and there exist one example of it in a Belgian collection. The purpose is unknown.

Marc

Comment

Marc-

As this belt and buckle came with a complete uniform, there is at least a known usage by one branch of the partei along with a time frame based upon the insignia on the brown shirt. Whatever the purpose, this design was likely used for a very short period of time due to the scarcity of this undoubtedly period piece.
                        Bob

Comment

Thank you again Klaush. For the info!! Mabye the mistery of this silver buckle will finaly be resolved!!!

Marc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X