Reichswehr Belt & Buckle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a little help with this before I make a big mistake. Though I have a few Wehrmacht-Heer belts in my collection, I am in no way an expert and definitely not when it comes to the Reichswehr.

An older gentleman in my German Club has been cleaning out his collection (mostly books). This belt was included with the last lot of stuff he had. I immediately knew that it was from the Reichswehr (not the Wehrmacht as he thought), but the belt presents a problem for me.

I know that it is not the standard black leather type commonly used through-out WWI – Reichswehr – WWII (even the NVA), but could it have been actually used during the inter-war period? Perhaps some enterprising SA or other para-military type fashioned this?

In my younger years I would have simply took the belt off and thrown it away, but in my older years I’ve learned to ask first. A WWII Afrika War veteran told me that he found a piece of elastic of the proper width, which he used instead of his standard belt, so I know that things like this did occur.

Any helpful comments would be welcome. Thanks,
    Attached Files

more photos
    Attached Files

Comment

71 people have viewed this - 0 people have an opinion they are willing to share. Perhaps I have posted this on the wrong forum. Or maybe I'm asking a stupid question that doesn't deserve a response.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gebirgsjgr View Post
        71 people have viewed this - 0 people have an opinion they are willing to share. Perhaps I have posted this on the wrong forum. Or maybe I'm asking a stupid question that doesn't deserve a response.

Please let me know. Thanks.
        About the belt, my opinion is that it is a "customized" private belt probably postwar made and that it has nothing to do with something standard : pure junk.

About this comment, I see that it is your 14th post on Wehrmacht Awards. How many of these were to help other member and not ask for help?
        But you consider already that others MUST help you immediately at all your requests?

Comment

Never seen that kind of belt

Comment

Clearly not a standard issue belt. My guess is probably post-'45. It adds no value to the buckle what-so-ever, and in my opinion takes away from it.

Perhaps, just used to hold pants up (as we sometimes forget the things we collect have practical usages - someone would be more inclined to use this type of buckle over the TR one, bc of the lack of swastika is my guess).

Comment

The belt you show is just a fabric strap...Oddly though it does have the proper Africa type belt hook attached to it! Either way it has no relation to the Reichswehr buckle. You are correct though..this buckle is seen throughout WW2. So ...anything is possible!

A lot of people post looking for answers but maybe on a weekend or some other busy time. Plus many lookers are looking for answers like you. They may not have any knowledgeable opinion.

WA is one of the best Forums I visit and many people here have tons of knowledge..just not always on demand! Patience is a virtue...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X