Deutsche Reichsbahn by Assmann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Reichsbahn by Assmann

A trifle unusual to see the less common DRB in aluminium, with the most odd and Assmann associated catch.

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM.

reverse
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

David,

A very scarce catch variation by Assmann; even more so in an aluminum DRB buckle, which is uncommon in itself. Nice find.

Bill

Comment

David!!! Now I have to drive to Pieter so he can prescribe me Valium and Lexotan. One more like this and I go on Prozac!! Nice find!! Really nice find!! My favourite catch.

Marc

Comment

PS: This catch was not only used by Assmann, others used this system too.

Marc

Comment

Thanks for posting this one, (as I am not really a buckle collector) as I had never seen this catch arrangment before. Had I seen this at a show I would not have known what to make of it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Whoops; Marc is absolutely correct on this. Must have had a senior moment when I answered this thread. O & C made this style of catch. Possibly Assmann as well .

Bill

Comment

Totally agree and I think that plebians like myself, often forget that Overhoff was just as capable as Assmann, towards producing buckles with some interesting catch arrangements.

Assume that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet here, that the DRB shown is Assmann (slight kink in the claws).

Regards,

David

Comment

great buckle...i am extremely jealous!!!! chad

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X