SS Buckle. Opinions Please !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Buckle. Opinions Please !

I have been offered this SS belt buckle, but before purchase I would like to check it out with you guys. The green paint to the front remains only in the recesses, however, on the reverse there is a good percentage remaining. Any feedback (good or bad) will be well recieved. Thank you.

Regards Richard.

Apologies for the poor quality pics.
    Attached Files
    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Reverse.
    Attached Files
    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Gentlemen, I should point out that the pic of the reverse in no way does justice to the buckle and indeed the green paint. I hope there is enough to go on by what you can see.

Regards Richard.

Comment

Original RODO Type 1 made betwwen late 1943 and 1944.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Rodo

There is a type 2 RODO SS?
          Speaking of RODO, has the controversy of who RODO actually is been solved yet? There is a picture in Angolia's latest book on page 17 showing a WH RODO buckle attributed to Robert C. Dold, Offenburg. There is no leather tag though. There is another pic on page 29 that shows the Dold tag but no pic of the back of the buckle showing the RODO mark. Very frustrating.
          Can anyone confirm anything?
          Kevin
          Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          Original RODO Type 1 made betwwen late 1943 and 1944.

Comment

RODO Buckle.

Hi Jean Pierre, thank you very much for your welcome input. I can only emphasise that the poor quality of the photo showing the reverse is very inaccurate, so I was pleased you were able to make a judgement from this poor photo! Thanks again.
            Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Rea
              There is a type 2 RODO SS?
              Yes indeed and made with a totally different die than Type 1 since difference is obvious.

Speaking of RODO, has the controversy of who RODO actually is been solved yet? There is a picture in Angolia's latest book on page 17 showing a WH RODO buckle attributed to Robert C. Dold, Offenburg. There is no leather tag though. There is another pic on page 29 that shows the Dold tag but no pic of the back of the buckle showing the RODO mark. Very frustrating.
              Can anyone confirm anything?
              Kevin
              You can read the latest input there:
              http://daggers.infopop.net/2/OpenTop...10856#94510856

As a note, I do not buy it, but this is my own problem.
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh
              All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Originally posted by stgeorge64
                Hi Jean Pierre, thank you very much for your welcome input. I can only emphasise that the poor quality of the photo showing the reverse is very inaccurate, so I was pleased you were able to make a judgement from this poor photo! Thanks again.
                Regards Richard.
                Richard,
                Nicer photos/close ups will depend of the SS Buckle to authenticate. For some, fakers did just a poor job and authentication can be performed using even lousy shots. But yours were not so bad since I was even able to see the difference between the Type 1 and Type 2
                Good luck with your purchase!
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

JP:

Which type of Rodo is scarcer..type one or two...and are the differences very pronounced? I did not know they had two types. Do you have any links to a thread on the two types?

Thanks,

John

Comment

Originally posted by militarybuyer
                    JP:

Which type of Rodo is scarcer..type one or two...and are the differences very pronounced? I did not know they had two types. Do you have any links to a thread on the two types?

Thanks,

John
                    John,
                    I am going to reply to all your questions privately since the motive for my public contribution is over and going further is just a personnal choice that I am no longer endorcing for personnal reasons.
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                      John,
                      I am going to reply to all your questions privately since the motive for my public contribution is over and going further is just a personnal choice that I am no longer endorcing for personnal reasons.
                      Hi JP:

Sounds good, I will check my email, John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X