Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt question - NCO's or officer's

HI

Several years I have this belt. I mean the belt at the center. So far, I thought that the version is non-commissioned officers. But I do not know now. For comparison, on the top standard officer's belt. At the bottom of an ordinary soldier. The belt in the middle has a smaller buckle than officers. Has the same width as the soliders belt at the bottom. Also, the same construction. Rough side of the belt is on the outside and smooth inside.

Signature of maker factory is "Franz Brehme Walsrode 1939"

Could you tell me that is an NCO's or officers belt ?
    Attached Files

last photos
    Attached Files

Comment

The middle one looks to be the belt that Gobbels preferred to wear. I can't post images (sorry) but if you find shots of him in belted uniform this is the one he has on. Fitted his size better perhaps. There are two shots of this belt in E Fowler's book Nazi Regalia, both of which are of an officer's uniform, but I don't know how accurate that is. Again I can't post shots sorry.

Comment

you mean this one ?

I think that belt is an officers variant - with smooth surface outside.

buckle looks like to be bigger than mine middle eqsample

Comment

Yes, I think you're right. I see the difference now. Really interesting, I hope someone can give the answer. I believe the belts in the book I mentioned are the smooth officer's ones too so that would explain that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X