Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Mark on an Army Buckle

Hello,
    I have a well worn, stamped aluminum, Army buckle with, IMO, an unusual mark; looks like a double struck or over struck mark to me, (?). Any other observations or opinions?
    Regards,
    Bill
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I have never encountered such a maker mark as this. Does there seem to be any other impressions around the "KRISS 40" maker mark? If you could post a photo of the eagles head straight on it would help immensely. Also a striaght on shot of the prongs and ears would be appreciated.

I am thinking this is a Seiper buckle (RSS) and someone has improvised the maker mark. Anyone else have any other suggestions.

Comment

Dan,
        Thank you for your comments. I hope the additional images are useful. I don’t see any markings under the lettering; there is a short, stamped, horizontal, line beneath the long vertical line, which might be the edge of the die; the vertical line does not appear to be part of the original marking and does not look like it belongs there. I have had the buckle for a long time and could never make, head-nor-tail, out of it.
        Regards,
        Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have no clue what this hand punched mark means but I think it has nothing to do with a makers mark.

Sieper is most probably not the manufacturer of this buckle. The design is different to the examples by Sieper that I know and they have marked all their Army buckles "R.S.&S."

I assume this buckle was made by one of these Nürnberg/Fürth manufacturers as they all have used the same die/ design: H. Arld/ K.F. Brahm/ St. Merkl.

Best,
            Guido

Comment

IMO the lettering has been hand punched into the aluminium, it has nothing to do with a maker mark for the buckle, I have enever encountered such a maker or mark!

Comment

Guido is correct that it is not a Seiper buckle. I requested a better photo as the first post of the buckle the head shot was somewhat canted and due to the RSS in the "kRiSS" I thought perhaps a sophmoric attempt at altering the Seiper mm.

Comment

Just looked through my database, Guido is bang on the money for me, K F Brahm is who I would say the maker is

Comment

Thank you all for your observations and statements. The marking has been altered for some unknown reason; just hoping that someone has seen another one done the same.
                    All the best,
                    Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X