Buckle Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckle Review

Curious if anyone thinks this is real... This is stamped JFS and i checked the "pinned" thread in this forum and didn't see anything.... This looks very shiny and I do not see others online.. any advice would be helpful...

This is a shiny silver.. not sure if it looks that way in the pic.. the back obviously is flat but with some odd colored hard goo as you can see..

Thank you! Rommel

I think it has pretty good characteristics... but as you said you don't see JFS buckles without paint...

I would assume this has undergone a massive buffing/cleaning - as it is in good condition it is missing some of the finer details (feathers on eagles chest - acorn detail - etc.) Do a search of HEER JFS and you'll find lots of painted examples that are listed as "MINT" and you can see this fine detail.

So I think the buckle as a whole is okay, but been has been buffed = shine

I would like someone with a little more knowledge to chime in though... I have never had a JFS Heer in hand before so Im going by pictures alone... Hopefully this helps or gets the thread some more looks for a 100% type answer.

Comment

I agree good but polished rgds Dave

Comment

Thank you guys! It must have been polished a long time ago... there are actually fingerprints that are stuck on there I can see.. perhaps the oils set in from being there like 40 years or something???

The only shiny badge I have ever seen is the Hitler Youth badge but I think it is supposed to be that way...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X