SA Wehrmannschaften buckle on E stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Wehrmannschaften buckle on E stand

does anyone have any toughts on the SA Wehrmannschaften buckle posted today on the e stand? I have seen a few thread recently about a possible new fake that has defects in the wing, is this one posted good or is it one of these new repros?

SA Wehrmannschaften

Chad

This is a buckle that is guaranteed to get us all frothing at the mouth.

The SA Wehrmannschaften buckle was the subject of a study by Marc in August 2002 and it is worth having a look again.

I actually thought that it was a slightly complicated and difficult study, although three key points that stood out were :-
    1. buckle is certainly faked
    2. defect on the wing was a "good" sign
    3. distinct and unusual RZM label was a "good" sign also, even though it essentially descibes a totally different buckle
    In view of these three indicators, would suggest that the buckle for sale on the Forum e-stand is sound and interestingly, I have never as yet seen this buckle faked with a "frosted" finish.

Would add however that I am still very nervous about this buckle and wonder why so many prime condition SA Wehrmannschaften buckles are currently for sale and perhaps we sometimes forget that in theory, this is a very rare buckle.

Regards,

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X