Buckle markings/repainted bukle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckle markings/repainted bukle

I just received a standard Wehrmacht buckle in the tropical green, but I have a question about the marking. On the underside of the buckle it has a bell shaped symbol with the number "41" next to it. Who would the maker had been?
    Problem two the buckle had obviously lbeen repainted. I soaked it in paint thinner and removed the modern paint, but not much remains of the original paint, except on the reverse side. I'm becoming very unhappy with internet puchasing. Any comments out there?

Quite possibly Hermann Aurich
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Well, the thing would have been to return it for refund once you decided it was a postwar repaint (& before you stripped it!):->

I find the Net to be a good venue overall. Like others, it has it's pitfalls. But i find a lot of good sleepers.

Comment

Hello Sellers34,

Internet purchasing as well as on line auctions from militaria auction houses are fine and one can make great deals but You just have to know your subject very, very, very well.
        90% of the time, when there is a good picture from back and front of the item and you know your subject well, it is possible to buy without making too much mistakes. Also look at the return conditions!!
        I don’t think drowning the buckle in paint remover was a good idée, if you suspected the buckle to be re-painted, why did you not try some acetone or other paint thinner or degreaser on a small part of the buckle where it was not visible? You could than have returned the buckle.
        Anyway, I attached the picture of the marking I think you are talking about. Mine is marked 40 and not 41 but this do not change the maker. If this is indeed the marking of your buckle, I do not know at this time who the maker is but I will do research and let you know if I find something.
        I would like to ask Gene why he thinks that this maker could be Herman Aurich?
        Gene, Have you seen this logo together with the name of Aurich on an other item than a buckle??? Or why do you come to this conclusion??
        Marc V.

Comment

If memory serves me correctly the Hermann Aurich "HA" symbol reminded me of such a shape.
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hello, I did some research on this maker and I came up with two names. Two reference books of diferend autors give two diferend answers !!??

Math. Salcher u. Sohone
            Jublunkau.

OR

Smal & Schultz
            Wuppertal / Barem

He tab on my buckle is dated 1940.
            Marc V.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X