Please help with RAD buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with RAD buckle

I Just bought a RAD buckle for $40 yesterday and would like to see some pics posted for comparison.Looking through a loop,the leather is stamped 1936 and on the reverse within the shovel are the numbers "o" on the left and some weird symbol before it.On the right reverse side of the shovel are the numbers "36".Could anybody lend their expertise and possibly post some photos?

Regards

James

How about if I say it is an SS buckle??

Comment

Originally posted by Jgeary
      How about if I say it is an SS buckle??
      Hello,

I have several RAD em buckles but I am unable to post pictures at this time due to problems with my imageing software,is it possible for you to post pictures of the reverse of you buckle?it sounds like the maker mark and date (36) on the reverse however i cant tell what maker it is by your description-was there a makers name on the leather tab?

Comment

Relax James, give people the time to take a picture at least. By happy to receive an answer! On some other forums you might be lucky if the moderator takes the time to answer your question when he think the question is worth some of his time!

The description you give of the marking is very vague, 80% of the RAD buckles are made in 1936 and by at least 50 different factories! Why don’t you send a picture?

Marc
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Yancy and Marc.My apologies to Marc,that second post was a feeble attempt at humor.Thanks for posting those very clear pictures-that is quite a camera that you have there.Unfortunately,I do not have a digital camera yet .Every time that I start getting money saved for one,I end up buying another piece of militaria instead .The maker marks on mine are kind of strange: it appears to be- "KuQ" The "u" is lower case and has a period or decimal underneath of it.I hope that this description helps and once again-I would like to apologize for my second post,it was not intended to offend anyone.

Regards,

James

Comment

Sorry Yancy,on the leather tab-I can make out the year "1936" in the center oval and the left side of the inscription is quite light but on the right I can make out what appears to be "QUENZER" on the top right and "STEIN" on the bottom right.Hope this helps.I was just curious as to the rough value and as to how many of these are out there.It's definitely a keeper for me and I bought it from a dealer who is a good friend of mine for $40.Seems like this was quite a bargain from what I see on other sites that are selling them.

Regards,

James

Comment

Originally posted by Jgeary
                  Sorry Yancy,on the leather tab-I can make out the year "1936" in the center oval and the left side of the inscription is quite light but on the right I can make out what appears to be "QUENZER" on the top right and "STEIN" on the bottom right.Hope this helps.I was just curious as to the rough value and as to how many of these are out there.It's definitely a keeper for me and I bought it from a dealer who is a good friend of mine for $40.Seems like this was quite a bargain from what I see on other sites that are selling them.

Regards,

James
                  Hello James,

I believe your buckle is made by Klein and Quenzer AG,Oberstein a.d Nahe (RZM # M4/115)I believe the leather keeper should allways have the same maker mark as the buckle (someone correct me if im wrong,Im a RAD guy not a buckle guy!)$40 for a EM with leather keeper is a good price,most dealers sell them for $65 and up,I would have bought it for $40 in a heartbeat.that is not a maker that ive seen that often when it comes to RAD EM's.

Comment

Yancy,

Thanks very much for the info,you've been very helpful and obviously know your RAD items quite well .

Regards,

James

Comment

Here's my contribution, a RAD buckle by Jakob Gottlieb & Sohne, Oberstein.
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

Maker's mark on the leather tab.
                        Attached Files
                        George

Comment

Maker's mark on the inside of the buckle.
                          Attached Files
                          George

Comment

Nice buckle!! On the front of mine,the pebbling is worn from the swaz and so are the features of where the shovel head attaches to the handle.Does this reduce value signifigantly? Everything else looks good on it.

Regards

James

Comment

R A D

James

As you are probably now aware, not an overly difficult buckle to find and accordingly, it is easy to be reasonably selective by condition and price.

Attached is a 1938 RAD, although with the makers logo (Julius Kremp) and date of manufacture, on the leading edge of the buckle.

Also, a private purchase and two piece RAD is attached.

Regards,

David
                              Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X